Fox Cameras Grainy? (2 Viewers)

I just want to slap the sh*t out of you right now. You seem to always peek out enough to tell people they should be like you, then you try and make them feel bad for not being like you, then, you crawl away.

The only keyboard hero I see here is you Jim Bowen.

You are the quintessential wannabe leader of the board. You never like anything unless it's in cheerleading mode.

You don't "wish you were the best", you've already made your mind up, and everyone else is lesser than, their opinion, their experience, you actually think you are the best, and everyone should fall in line to your thinking.

You're as swishy as you imply everyone else is.

PS...My TV was fine, but then I think if someone didn't have top notch HD signal, they can and should discuss it.

Who the f*ck are you? You STOP it you sissy whiny princess.
Way off base Kevin. I am just different than you. I never look to place blame for anything that happens to me unless I am certain I am not part of the problem.

All I said was I don't think its a Fox or NHRA problem. If it was, EVERYONE would have the problem. I have crap for equipment because I am a cheapskate. Simple Comcast connection into the house and a 1080p TV I got on sale for under $350. Just a fact. If that is whining or looking down my nose then I can't help you understand.

I didn't state I was better than anybody. But thankfully you stuck your nose into the discussion to help. Some here (like yourself) should look in the mirror first, get their facts straight, and offer potential solutions before creating negative BS posts here. There is a large difference between opinion and venom. But I suspect you don't know that. Instead posters come on here stating "this sucks", "that sucks", "FOX sucks", "NHRA sucks", "TPED sucks". That's the whining.

Cheerleader, I think not. However, you and I are all that different based on your assessment of me. We are just on opposite sides of the equation..

You need not worry when I post here, your track record of anti-establishment posts speak for themselves. I've wasted enough time with you. Your response speaks for the type of person you are. Pathetic !! Bye Bye loser.

Why must they explain a "hole-shot" victory?? EACH & EVERY race?? They never explain a first down on football. They treat us ALL like first timers.
Just say Bills 6.54 beat Bobs 6.52 for a hole-shot win.
Also "LIVE" doesn't work. 50 mins. between races .......please, TOO much fluff, show sportsman racing to fill.

The video looked great to me (Time Warner Cable), but a few little parts looked like one of those translated "Kung-Fu" movies.

I'll settle this.

The video was grainy. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. I assume they purchased cheaper HD equipment. Kind of like how your TV has a refresh rate the cameras probably have something similar. They need to fix it and make the investment.

In regards to the long delay between rounds, it did seem to take longer and was not as entertaining as ESPN was when live. They need to show live finals only. I would be fine with that. Also, they squeezed so much into the first hour or so that they did not even show the majority of burnouts, which I find unacceptable.

The qualifying shows were terrible as they only showed a few runs from each session. I would settle for one 2 hour show on Saturday that showed every run. The journeymen guys have sponsors too!

I still have faith that they will get it turned around and would still watch even if it got worse. I enjoyed the winners circle interviews and the pit reporting, as well as the up close shots of the drivers and cars before their respective runs. Also, the feature with TJ on how the management systems worked was excellent. I don't think any of us viewers have ever been granted that type of access and info. over the TV.

Dave Reiff does a great job but I do think some of Tony's nervousness rubbed off on him. Tony just needs to relax and not worry about saying something stupid. Mike Dunn said some stupid things and didn't make sense at times but that is what allowed him to let his knowledge flow organically. I did notice that with Tony being a recent driver and owner, he did offer some insights that Mike could not.

Oh, one other issue I took is that there was not enough John Force. I know people have been saying they show too much of him for years, but in my opinion they did not show enough of him. I don't think there was even one interview Sunday with him. There has to be a happy medium there!

The finish line camera was indeed very grainy, especially when the freeze frame of the margin of victory was shown. My biggest gripe is the CG driven sponsor images around the 200' mark. It's supposed to look like it is painted onto the track, but as the cars passed thru them, the images were actually overlapping the cars.

I think part of the picture problem was that super-imposed crap....there seemed to be a clear-ish overlay over the screen and it was worse through the middle of the screen ....too much noise in the signal.
maybe if the show wasn't live it would be cleaned up in post production, but ESPN had much clearer signal and the super slo-mo too.....not to mention all of the all complaints about trying to read times, etc

Oh my god ... do you guys get mad when your favorite team loses a pre season game to? First show of the new season with a new package and your all friggin' critics.

It's actually embarrassing how the expectation is instant perfection. STOP IT.

Now, in addition to keyboard crew chiefs we have keyboard TV executives. Wish I was the best :mad:
These clowns deserve ESPN and Paul Page back.

The errors made by FS1 demonstrated that they are not ready for prime time. During a P/S run Shane Gray's name was replace by the driver who ran after him. After some of the runs they displayed the E.T. and speed and on some they didn't. After one run the vitals were displayed for one car but not the other. They didn't display the reaction times with the E.T. and speed after the run. It was only displayed immediately after the green light came on and then for only a second or so. There was no on-scene display of who won the race. If the announcer didn't tell us we wouldn't know and the E.T. and speed displays were hardly readable. And please FS1, stop pandering to the new viewers who do not know a big tire from a skinny tire. You are insulting a vast majority of your viewers.

I liked the ESPN broadcasts for the most part. What I didn't like was the show not airing when it was supposed to.

Did anyone notice the video quality difference when they showed prior ESPN footage? Much better IMO.

I sure hope FS1 is viewing these posts and will take it as constructive criticism.

As to the original post, I was watching from a rural location with satellite TV, and yes we found the broadcast to be very grainy at times.

The errors made by FS1 demonstrated that they are not ready for prime time. During a P/S run Shane Gray's name was replace by the driver who ran after him. After some of the runs they displayed the E.T. and speed and on some they didn't. After one run the vitals were displayed for one car but not the other. They didn't display the reaction times with the E.T. and speed after the run. It was only displayed immediately after the green light came on and then for only a second or so. There was no on-scene display of who won the race. If the announcer didn't tell us we wouldn't know and the E.T. and speed displays were hardly readable. And please FS1, stop pandering to the new viewers who do not know a big tire from a skinny tire. You are insulting a vast majority of your viewers.

I liked the ESPN broadcasts for the most part. What I didn't like was the show not airing when it was supposed to.

Did anyone notice the video quality difference when they showed prior ESPN footage? Much better IMO.

I sure hope FS1 is viewing these posts and will take it as constructive criticism.

I was right there with you until you bashed FS1 for trying to explain things to "newbies." FS1 has to do something to try, attract and explain things to new fans who may have never watched a race before. Let them have that.

I'll settle this.

The video was grainy. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. I assume they purchased cheaper HD equipment. Kind of like how your TV has a refresh rate the cameras probably have something similar. They need to fix it and make the investment.
I'll disagree because my picture was tack-sharp on all 3 broadcats this past weekend and it looked better than the ESPN2 broadcasts ever did. I'm guessing that the people bitching about grainy picture are blaming the wrong people. It sounds like an issue with your service provider, not FS1. Once FS1 sends the uplink to it's sattelite it's out of their hands how much compression is applied when your provider bounces it back up to their satellite or pushes it out over their cable. Google "transcoding" and learn about compression artifacts.

I just got home from the race and watched the broadcast and I was very impressed with the clarity of the picture.

Except you're directing it to the wrong people. NHRA took production of the shows in house. FS1 is only broadcasting it.

I posted having issues also and complained like everyone else having same problem. So Sunday same thing so bad couldn't watch so i disconnect everything on Sat. and TV lost first round but it fixed the problem, so after all my complaining it ended up being my problem. So sorry for my complaining, maybe everyone else having issues try doing this it ccould fix it.

Well, I'll "stick my nose in" too.....

My picture was grainy. Good picture, but not as good as the other channels. I've got good stuff, and if you do a little investigating outside the 'Mater, you will find that MANY households had the same problem, so it was definitely a feed issue.

You can categorize it any way you want, Jim, whether it's bitching, whining or whatever. The bottom line is that Fox NEEDS this feedback or else they have no incentive to get better, which they will need to do because with the exception of the issues with air times, ESPN's coverage was better. The issue with the numbers is a must. Drag racing literally revolves around the numbers, so they need to get the numbers up EVERY TIME, and when they do, the reaction times and identification of the winner needs to happen EVERY TIME. And they need to leave the numbers up for more than 2-3 seconds. We can't rely on the hope of hearing Reiff or TP announce it.

Personally, I liked the winner's circle interview format. But I thought the interviews during the race were a little weak. For example, I can't imagine why Nobile wasn't interviewed after his incident. I mean, how often do you see that in Pro Stock......

And although TP started off a little rough with Friday's show, Reiff had just about as many stumbles as he did over the course of the weekend. I'll go further in saying that I thought TP got better as the weekend progressed and as far as I'm concerned, did an acceptable job on Sunday's broadcast. Then again, I was so distracted by the issues with the numbers that I probably wasn't paying as much attention to him...... Lol!

I won't go on a tangent like I've seen many do (mostly elsewhere), because for a maiden voyage I thought the show was good. But there are things that need to be dealt with.

Sean D

Last edited:
How 'bout strive to appeal to both groups? I was quite pleased to see the coverage start on time for a change also!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back