Four qualifying sessions returning in 2022? (1 Viewer)

ZWeinstein

Nitro Member
So I saw on Bandimere Speedway's facebook page today that they announced that they (NHRA) is adding a second qualifying session back to Friday evening and when I looked at tickets for the Arizona Nationals it was showing $44 for GA which is on par for a day with pro qualifying. This year's race that did not happen was to be one of the races with only Saturday qualifying. So are they going back to four sessions for next year or are some events 3 sessions with one on Friday?

So I saw on Bandimere Speedway's facebook page today that they announced that they (NHRA) is adding a second qualifying session back to Friday evening and when I looked at tickets for the Arizona Nationals it was showing $44 for GA which is on par for a day with pro qualifying. This year's race that did not happen was to be one of the races with only Saturday qualifying. So are they going back to four sessions for next year or are some events 3 sessions with one on Friday?
I have seen no indication this is the plan any time soon. In reading the NHRA.com announcement for Phoenix '22 tickets ... clearly states 1 Pro session Friday, 2 on Saturday.

I know nothing and NHRA can certainly pivot at any time on qualifying. But I think we might have seen the last of 4 sessions at most events. It's certainly a cost saver for the teams. We all know that there were very small crowds (except for diehards) for the first Friday session no matter where you were.

For the most part I think it will depend on the payouts returning to pre covid amounts. The reason for the three sessions is to cut the cost to the racers. I got an email from Bandimere as well stating two qualifying sessions on Friday.

I have seen no indication this is the plan any time soon. In reading the NHRA.com announcement for Phoenix '22 tickets ... clearly states 1 Pro session Friday, 2 on Saturday.

I know nothing and NHRA can certainly pivot at any time on qualifying. But I think we might have seen the last of 4 sessions at most events. It's certainly a cost saver for the teams. We all know that there were very small crowds (except for diehards) for the first Friday session no matter where you were.
i think there were a few events this year that attracted a pretty good crowd for a single session friday......it is a harder sell though for sure......what would be nice is if a little extra money
for friday low e.t. was available, as was the case in ennis a few weeks ago; where you would want 2 Q on friday

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back