Four and a half hours to run the Pros at Martin (1 Viewer)

ProStockJunkie

Nitro Member
I heard that there were so many oil downs at Martin, that it took about 4 1/2 hours to run the pro sessions.

When asked why IHRA doesn't run a 16 car field in Pro, a team owner responded, "There aren't enough hours in a day". ;)

Jackee,

Yeah, as you know sometimes thing stack up on you during a race day and that was Saturday afternoon at Martin. What you failed to mention was the fact that the night session was ELECTRIFYING, and the place spent most of its time on its feet during that time.

To give you an idea of how hungry the drag racing gods were for oil, we had a Pro Stock car lose a motor in major league fashion.....when's the last time you saw that?

One of those deals, but the night session certainly made up for the afternoon, which was admittedly tough.

Brian

It was a lot of extra work with all the oil downs. I wanted to thank the racers and fans who thanked the IHRA track personnel for working so hard in the hot weather to clean up all the oil so the show could continue.

Like I said in another thread, at times I get the feeling that Martin was built on top of an Indian burial ground. I have never seen so many oildowns at an IHRA event - at least not recently. And many of them came in that afternoon session, including one that took a full hour to clean up.

It was a lot of extra work with all the oil downs. I wanted to thank the racers and fans who thanked the IHRA track personnel for working so hard in the hot weather to clean up all the oil so the show could continue.

Your welcome Thomas and Thank You for thinking of the guys on the battlefront that keep the races going (TRACK RESCUE). My team is grateful for all of the kind words. Next time there is a scraping party at the line, come on down, bring some friends and we'll have a blast! :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back