Forrest Lucas buys Hilbert Mansion (1 Viewer)

25,000 sq ft. That is simply excessive. It is 5000 more than anyone really needs for a home.

Says who.

Al Gore just bought a house larger than 5,000 sq ft and paid $8.85M for it. Lucas paid 1/3 of that. And Oprah's house is 23,000 sq ft on 43 acres. She stole it for $50,000,000 (that's $50 million).

You work hard, take risks, employ a lot of people then you should be able to enjoy the benefits. Lucas gives more money away than most will earn in 10 lifetimes. They deserve it. And it sounds like they are going to put it to good use if you read the article.

Here's Oprah's crib:

oprah.jpg

Last edited:
way to go Forrest - buy low never so true.
shook your hand in zoo @ BIR to say thanks and congratulations.......
congratulating you again here in cyberspace. :)

which oprah pad is that? drove by one of hers in casey key, FL
couple of years ago, can't tell if this is same one?

Randy, I think you read his response wrong. He said:

25,000 sq ft. That is simply excessive. It is 5000 more than anyone really needs for a home.

The implication is that 20,000 sqft would be fine. Which still seems to be a pretty big crib :)

Whatever, at the price they paid, they were smart to buy it.

Guess I am going to have to put :D after every put on post I make.

My new Vette is 436 hp. Everyone ask me "how much horsepower does it have?" I answer, then add " you know, that's about 6 more than anyone really needs to get around town" Everyone seems to get it.

What a great deal, and considering that he was a truck driver and Charlotte was there from the beginning, I think it is great. This is why they call it the American dream. I can only imagine the annual cost to insure and maintain it.

Gore's got a place that big? Why, I though he was concerned with the world coming to an end because of all this over consuming and all these fat cats spending like crazy?

Gore's got a place that big? Why, I though he was concerned with the world coming to an end because of all this over consuming and all these fat cats spending like crazy?

And the greenhouse gases although his private plane that he uses to fly coast-to-coast produces more exhaust than my car ever will. But I digress. :rolleyes:

WOW, 35 million to build it.......Sell it for 3 million...... Sounds like a drag car deal.......

Wonder what Travolta paid for this weekend getaway. The jets aren't photoshopped. A 9000' runway is on the property. Snacks and an in-flight movie included.

Exploring John Travolta's Airport Home - Telstar Logistics

It's pure wretched excess, same as all those other palaces, but like Forrest Lucas, John Travolta has done a hell of a lot of things for a lot of people. If giant houses and personal 707's are your thing, go for it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back