Former TAD racer Torstveit nominated for Nobel Peace Prize (1 Viewer)

This is the kind of news I love to hear. I wonder if the press will mention him as an "NHRA Drag Racing Heart Surgeon?"

OK, probably not but I can wish, can't I? Our sport could use this press!

When Jeremy got involved in drag racing I felt it could only be a positive for our sport.
He has proven to be a great representive of our sport but more important a great humanitarian. I wish him all the best and I hope he receives the Nobel peace prize.
God bless you Jeremy.:)

I'm with Bobby on this... I wonder if we will see the headline "DRAG RACER SAVES THOUSANDS OF LIVES"... something makes me think not.

Our sport attracts all kinds. I really do wish he could win this Nobel Peace Prize where this could somehow find it's way above and beyond the headlines like Selma, TN, Gene Snow, etc. This is where the NHRA needs to concentrate some of their clout coupled with some media effort to bring positive based exposure to our ranks.

This is great news, and I sure hope he wins the prize.

Sri Lanka is not the safest area of the world to be in right now. A gutsy, gutsy man.

The Good Doctor has already won the title nearest and dearest to MY heart. He has saved countless lives of both racers and NHRA workers. Just ask Johnny Moto what HE thinks of Doctor Torstveit

Look what I just found on the forum front page: Welcome to our newest member, Jeremy Torstveit

Welcome to the 'Mater! :cool:

Welcome aboard Doctor! I for one am honored. It was a different Heart Doc that saved me a couple of years ago so I have perhaps a huge amount of hero worship for that particular specialty. The things they did with my heart were nothing short of incredible, in particular(you ready for this?) Cardiac transrevascularization...means they used a LASER to open the smaller arteries in my heart that couldn't be bypassed. This was so new my insurance refused to PAY the first time through! What? They were going to undo the process. I THINK NOT! :eek:;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back