Force wins again ` (1 Viewer)

I think that i tis because he grew up with nothing, struggled for so long and finally made it by hard work pure and simple. However that in itself is not unusal. I think that it is because he never ever forgets that even though he is a millionaire, [just guessing but I think so] he is no different than anybody else.

The other thing is his passion for drag racing. I am sure there are probably a million other people with the same passion but they don't have the tv camera and the willingness to show it and be proud of it. He is no different that your saturday night bracket racer who races for the joy of it just at a higher level.

But like was said, this is my opinion and maybe stinky too..:eek:

jim:p

John Force is the only driver that can win 14 chapionships and 100's of wallys and still get positive feed back. Half of the people on this site hate Greg Anderson . Why is that?

because a lot of people hate winners. jelousy has a lot to do with it. imagine if the mater was around when bob glidden was kickin butt. ask those people who hate seeing greg win who their favorite driver is, then ask them if they would hate seeing that driver win so much. personally greg is a great guy, ive talked to him many times at e-town at the banquet in 03 ect, hes personable and a very hard worker, he deserves all of his sucess. go greg and john!!!!

John Force is the only driver that can win 14 chapionships and 100's of wallys and still get positive feed back. Half of the people on this site hate Greg Anderson . Why is that?

i think it stems from jealousy, i mean who else would not be envious of a guy with hot wife and a 6.5 second pro stocker :p

Where were you guys in the late 1990's? Crowds were booing Force so loudly that you couldn't even hear HIM with a microphone in his hand. Who ever said people tire of someone who wins all the time was right. It's just that Force has this personality thing that many are really attracted to...including ME! Everytime he steps to the mic in the pressroom I can't help but wonder...what next? :):eek:

because a lot of people hate winners. jelousy has a lot to do with it. imagine if the mater was around when bob glidden was kickin butt. ask those people who hate seeing greg win who their favorite driver is, then ask them if they would hate seeing that driver win so much. personally greg is a great guy, ive talked to him many times at e-town at the banquet in 03 ect, hes personable and a very hard worker, he deserves all of his sucess. go greg and john!!!!

There must be something to that. The only NASCAR race I have attended (Rockingham Spring 1996) there was a person several rows below me that flipped the #3 car off every lap. There was a thunderous cheer when the #24 car blew up, and cheers and groans when the "3" car won.

I think RE drag racing, that maybe Garlits was the only racer that 95% of the fans were OK with winning too much.

During most of the 1990s when Force dominated, fans and racers tired of it. In the past 5 years the class has more than a few cars (in and out of the JFR camp) able to battle the Boss.

I will say this I have talked with Force many times ,sat on the couch in the motorcoach,in the trailer,getting a soda even .He has always been as nice as can be no matter what I have NEVER seen him shy away from any of his fans . On the other hand I have witnessed first hand what a prick GA can be many times . HE is always that way it seems . It was bad enough last year in a instance where Jason Line had to apollogise for Gregs rudeness to his fans . Guys a poor sport and a cheater in my book .

For me, rooting against JFR is fun. He is the best and when you're on top, everyone guns for you.
As far as booing, I've seen quite a few Pomona attendees flip John the bird as he goes down the return road.

Imagine if you would for a second, if John was a 1 car team and say, oh, I don't know, .....Kenny Bernstein :p had 2, then 3, then 4 times John's budget.
KB runs the tables at just about every race and wins just about all the events and 15 championships in a row.
Just kicking all comers' ass week in, week out.
How would you feel then?

re: GA
I feel like a good part of GA's success came from working for the man: WJ

...GA. Honestly I think people dislike him b/c they think he "bought" his championships b/c of KB's $$$. It takes money no doubt, and alot of it helps, but that team just works hard and knows alot.
Hey Jeff DiBi,
that quote sounds like you when you talk about Don Shoe/Alan Johnson.

We're ALL haters.

I will say this I have talked with Force many times ,sat on the couch in the motorcoach,in the trailer,getting a soda even .He has always been as nice as can be no matter what I have NEVER seen him shy away from any of his fans . On the other hand I have witnessed first hand what a prick GA can be many times . HE is always that way it seems . It was bad enough last year in a instance where Jason Line had to apollogise for Gregs rudeness to his fans . Guys a poor sport and a cheater in my book .

Well I have never seen this side of GA to be honest. At Dallas last year GA and Jason Line came up to the fence and watched comp qualifying and chatted with everyone up there for about half an hour Saturday afternoon. I wasnt down there but I saw it and it looked like everyone was having fun as they were laughing and shaking hands and GA and JL were signing autographs for the fans.

I've never met GA, but he seems like a pretty genuine guy judging from his in terviews. Yes he has a lot of money behind him, but man, this stuff always looks easy from the grandstands. Imagine if anyone here was given an open checkbook, and the guy writing the checks says "do whatever it takes, go win a championship". The amount of work and committment involved to race at that level, and succeed, is far beyond what most of us can understand. Even with a ton of money, it's no easy deal. So I guess I'm saying hats of to GA and his team, they've earned it. As far as personalities, well, not everyone is going to be John Force. I've had the pleasure to talk with John several times over the years, starting with sending him and his crew drinks at a restaurant in Indy the year he won the Shootout ('87?). What's amazing about him, is that if he saw me today, after several years, he'd say " Hey how's the family in Phoenix?" And it ain't because I'm special, he just has that ability. It's for all the reasons that have been posted already that he is as popular as he is, and I think everyone involved in the sport should be thankful to JF for what he has done, and is trying to do, for Drag Racing.

If it wasn NOT for WJ ,GA would still be sweepin floors and he wanted to talk smack about the man who gave him his start goes to show !

If it wasn NOT for WJ ,GA would still be sweepin floors and he wanted to talk smack about the man who gave him his start goes to show !

I think thats a 2 way street Eric. I'm not saying WJ wouldnt have been as competitive without GA but he was better off with him there for sure. GA wanted to drive and WJ couldnt provide that. I think its bad that WJ cant acknowledge GA's achievements. I havent once heard him say anything about GA that is positive and GA will be the first one to tell you that without WJ he wouldnt be where he is today.

I have been told by a few people the deal with people not really liking GA is that he has a better than you kinda attitude. He is a truely nice guy, extremely nice, fan friendly, but he has on more than one occasion come off with alittle im better than the rest of these guys attitude. Force on the other hand is always kissing people and just has a clown around attitude that people love, hes funny, GA isnt funny, he takes his job seriously, so does Force, but when Force is in front of the cameras hes a showman, and I think thats what draws people more to Force than to GA, just what I think, not like it counts for anything, lol

I think thats a 2 way street Eric. I'm not saying WJ wouldnt have been as competitive without GA but he was better off with him there for sure. GA wanted to drive and WJ couldnt provide that. I think its bad that WJ cant acknowledge GA's achievements. I havent once heard him say anything about GA that is positive and GA will be the first one to tell you that without WJ he wouldnt be where he is today.

I don't know WJ or GA, but you have to wonder what things would be like if GA drove for WJ. WJ claims he would rather work on them than drive them, but can't seem to get out of the seat. Not knocking WJ, I would assume like Glidden (not knocking him either), he would not be the easiest person to drive for.

RE the fact that WJ won't acknowledge GA in a positive way, it may be because WJ is old school. In the early-mid 1970s, there was a comment that Garlits hated Gary Beck. The answer was; Garlits didn't really hate Beck, but if he had to hate you to beat you, so be it. Competition is not always friendly.

GA spent a couple of years positive about his experience with WJ. While KJ and GA remained friends, WJ carried resentment and was comfortable expressing it. I remember GA, after becoming weary of it, being quoted as saying, "Why do I continue to say nice things about a guy who has nothing nice to say about me?"

This is the second time you have stated something as fact without backing it up.

So when did Anderson "talk smack" about Johnson? You also stated in a previous post that Anderson was "a cheater".

So back it up. When specifically did Anderson talk smack and how is he a cheater?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back