Force wins again ` (2 Viewers)

congrats to big john and the entire team!. thats a great win at erics home track. eric was looking down at the boss today. thank you eric and john medlen ,go have a big bowl of ice cream john. great win!

Absolutely. It was great to see Team Force win this special race for Eric Medlen, John Medlen and the town of Oakdale, California.

I've said it the last two weeks:

The champ is back.

7th place, and movin' on up.

I'll bet this win is going to be pretty special for Team Force with Sonoma being Eric's home track and all. Congrats to Team Force. I'm thinking that #15 is a stong possibility....

I think John has really come a long way here recently. 2 wins, and a runner up in the last 4 races.... Pretty stout!

Also, tip of the cap to Del Worsham. I would have been happy with the results of the final no matter who won.

Absolutely. It was great to see Team Force win this special race for Eric Medlen, John Medlen and the town of Oakdale, California.

I've said it the last two weeks:

The champ is back.

7th place, and movin' on up.

Well, that doesn't make much of a difference now, does it? :rolleyes:

Now that he's in, Indy is like Pomona... Let the steamrolling begin....

(NOT a JF flame, BTW....)

Last edited:
Ive always thought of "the chase" as almost the "John Force, Sarge, Team Summit Rule"

I know this is putting "the cart before the horse" but how ironic would it be if John won the championship thanks to the new system when, under the the old system he would not have even be close.

:D:D:D

I know this is putting "the cart before the horse" but how ironic would it be if John won the championship thanks to the new system when, under the the old system he would not have even be close.

:D:D:D

To think John would not be in the hunt with either system is a stretch. He has had a terrible year, and that may just make everyone else's life a lot more difficult by Pomona II. :)

You know the other guys at first probably liked the idea that they could get hot and maybe pass him b/c I'm sure they expected him to be in the lead or atleast in top 2 or 3 come the countdown.

But I bet they hate it now for sure since he's been on fire lately. I will admit that if he does make it in and win it that I wont hold it near and dear since it was the countdown format but I dont make the rules and everyone has to follow the same set of them.

Honestly, I dont care if he wins it or not this year I'm just glad he's winning rounds and races again. It just wasnt the same without him being around after first round.

I've been saying since Vegas that if someone outside the Top 5 before the chase ends up winning the Championship. You think the chase is controversial now??????:eek::rolleyes::confused:

For the first time I am actually rooting against force to win, because of the chase/countdown.
To bad too because this year could have been exciting year with Force charing from 18th or 20th to a possible first. Knowing that he is going to be given points to help catch up, 2 times, just take any meaning out of it

John Force is the only driver that can win 14 chapionships and 100's of wallys and still get positive feed back. Half of the people on this site hate Greg Anderson . Why is that?

John Force is the only driver that can win 14 chapionships and 100's of wallys and still get positive feed back. Half of the people on this site hate Greg Anderson . Why is that?

I dont know John. I often wonder the same thing but dont know the answer other than when people win alot often times people start to dislike them. Jeff Gordon? Dale Earnhardt? Warren Johnson? etc etc etc However Steve Kinser and John Force seem to be 2 individuals who win alot and dont seem to have as much hate toward them, not sure why.

I like GA. Always have. The times I have spoke to him he's always been very nice and approachable. Honestly I think people dislike him b/c they think he "bought" his championships b/c of KB's $$$. It takes money no doubt, and alot of it helps, but that team just works hard and knows alot.

I hope he wins it again. PS is a hard class for me though b/c I like most of the drivers in it so it doesnt matter to me who wins it. GA, Line, Jeggie, DC, it doesnt matter.

So here's to Force and GA doing it again!

John,

This has been a question that I've asked of myself, because I am tired of seeing Greg Anderson win. I'm not a Greg hater by any stretch, but it just seems him winning gets very old to me.

However, I am a huge John Force fan. Everytime he wins, I pump my fist and wake up neighbors. Always have and always will.

Maybe it has to do with the fact that John Force is someone that people can relate to. Fame, fortune, he has it all, but he started with less than huge beginnings. He tells his story. He relates to the everyday common man. He takes time for his fans (a LOT of time, at that). I remember one time at HPT my family and I were sitting in the stands, in someone else's seat, and who comes up and sits next to us to watch sportsman eliminations? John Force. He took pictures with us, signed autographs, and was as gracious as anyone I've ever seen. It's situations like that, that makes him a champ in many peoples eyes.

Greg may do that. I don't know. And if he is, I'll be the first to say, "way to go, champ". But if he did, I think more people would be talking about it. I think Greg just stays behind those black curtains in his pits. :eek:

Maybe my likeness for John Force dates back to my childhood. I obviously wasn't a kid when Greg started winning.

It just seems to me to be that (and I may get in trouble for saying this) -- John is much more of a passionate person and a people person than Greg Anderson.

I've said it before, just as many people have. John Force is a special person, and I hesitate to think if drag racing will see anyone like him ever again when he decides to call it a career. Not just because of the championships, wins, etc. But because of his heart: for drag racing, and his fans.

When a drag racer comes early, stays late, puts fans #1 at all times, like John has, they will build an absolutely tremendous legacy.

Sorry if I offended anyone. It's just an opinion. And like my dad always used to say, "opinions are like buttholes. Everyone's got one, and most of 'em stink." So sorry, if this one stinks. :rolleyes:

Its the personality that allows Force to avoid the Yankee curse (win so much that people hate you)

Not that the others have bad or wrong personalities its more to the largenss of Force's. If they sold a dvd of interviews over the years for Gordon, Dale E, WJ, Greg, Force and whoever else. Who do you think would be far and away the top seller. He never guards anything, he's a pretty much an open book, wild and exciting when he gets out of the car and like someone said above his growing up with nothing background resonates with people.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back