Finally - First Post! (1 Viewer)

khona

Nitro Member
After getting back from my third U.S. Nationals and finding out about this forum, I wanted to start posting here. After a week of sending notes asking why I could not register - I'm finally registered!

I am an open wheel racing fan. IndyCar and F1. I have relatives that have been going to the Gator Nationals for 15 or 20 years. Three years ago they wanted to go to the Grand Daddy of drag races. They wanted me to spend the week with them in their camper right across from the drag strip. I said sure! I had a wonderful time in 2006 at the U.S. Nationals. My relatives were blown away by all the sportsmen cars and seeing the Nitro cars run after the sun went down. It was my first time seeing a real drag race. Those Nitro cars were awesome - fire breathing dragons!

We had a great time in 2007 and this year too!

I think NHRA is a great racing organization. I love how you can walk around the pits and see right into their pit areas.

I've come to enjoy watching all the Pro classes - Top Fuel, Funny Car, Pro Stock and Pro Stock Bike. I also love those awesome looking Pro Mod cars and wish they were broadcast on television. I also wish they would broadcast Comp Eliminator.

One last thing - when I first went to the races in 2006 I was completely confused by bracket racing. They can lose by going to fast? Huh? Ok, after three years I thought I understood it all. I found out while at this years U.S. Nationals - I still don’t understand it all! lol

Anyway, I'm happy to be here!

Welcome to the Mater Derick! Indy sure was great this year huh! Next year you can come by the nitromall for the Mater meeting! Have fun here! :D

Welcome to the Mater, Derick!

Good to see another open wheel fan too! Feel free to jump in and post in the other sections.

:D

Welcome to the Mater Derick! Indy sure was great this year huh! Next year you can come by the nitromall for the Mater meeting! Have fun here! :D

Yes Derick. The Mater meeting at any event is a must. It's great to place faces with the names. And if you do go to Indy, for John Rogers sake, you need to bring ketchup...lots and lots of it.:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back