F1 Cancels Italian Grand Prix At Imola Due To Flooding (2 Viewers)

Notch1320

BerserkoBob
Nitro Member
As a big F1 fan I was shocked to see that the Italian Grand Prix scheduled for this weekend has been cancelled due to severe flooding in the area. More rain is scheduled in the area over the weekend so it was a good decision. On to Monoco next weekend.

The river that runs along side the track is already at critical level. They evacuated the track on Tuesday out of precaution and told all the teams to stay away on Wednesday. With more heavy rain coming, definitely the right call, I think.

sucks, wife and I really enjoy F1. 2 hours of racing with zero interruptions, commercials. I wonder if they will try to reschedule it ?

sucks, wife and I really enjoy F1. 2 hours of racing with zero interruptions, commercials. I wonder if they will try to reschedule it ?
Don't see that happening. The schedule for the rest of the year is pretty packed. The only spot that they would be able to put it in is if the axe the mid-season break, which I don't see the teams agreeing to. And even if they did, that would put the two Italy races within 4 weeks of each other which doesn't make sense either.

Last edited:
what do you guys think about the recently completed 2nd miami race? i'm not sold on the hard rock stadium track.
if you follow photographer kym illman on youtube, he had 2 or 3 videos relating to miami, then, as he did last year, stayed in states and headed north
for the indy car grand prix at IMS......seems like he really enjoys the pit and driver access at indy, compared to F1.
i don't see where imola can be rescheduled either.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back