ESTN in Valdosta this weekend (1 Viewer)

Last year they only allowed pit access on Saturday. I got there bright & early only to be told the pits would not be opening until 10 AM. The spectator side concession stand was closed so you couldn't get anything to eat or drink until 10. The seats are cement. They advertised over 100 pro teams. When the pits finally opened there were about 35 pro teams. I flew 1500 miles, then drove 200 miles to get there. Never again.

Last edited:
Just got back to the house after ESTN.

If you are a Mountain Motor Pro Stock or a Pro Mod fan, you were in HEAVEN. Nitro cars were sparse....

2 T/F (Litton and Scotty Cannon)
4 A/FDs, 1 B/AD
6 TAFC
26 Pro Mod
6 NHRA Pro Stock (including Allen Johnson, Richie Stevens, Tom Hammonds)
21 IHRA Pro Stock
14 Pro Stock Bikes (including Hines, Ellis, Krawiek)
5 Outlaw 10.5s
3 Pro Stock SNOWMOBILES (150 mph on those little wheels?)

Several of the pre-entries were No-shows, but we can't hold that against CompPlus or SGMP. All-in-all, I would say that the event was pretty successful. The weather held up nicely. There was VERY little down time during the event, with just a few fuel spills and (I think) no oil.

NHRA, IHRA, and ADRL stars chatted with 1320 TV at the Eastern Spring Test Nationals at South Georgia Motorsports Park at Valdosta.

Check out what Morgan Lucas, Allen Johnson, Chip Ellis, Peggy Llewelyn, Tom Hammonds, and others have to say about the upcoming NHRA event at Gainesville, Florida.

Click here:

1320 TV

Last year they only allowed pit access on Saturday. I got there bright & early only to be told the pits would not be opening until 10 AM. The spectator side concession stand was closed so you couldn't get anything to eat or drink until 10. The seats are cement. They advertised over 100 pro teams. When the pits finally opened there were about 35 pro teams. I flew 1500 miles, then drove 200 miles to get there. Never again.

Jack, what a bummer deal that was. I would really be upset too. Hope you extended your trip through the following weekend to attend the GatorNats or that was not a very worthwhile trip South. I don't know that I would drive up from Orlando to find that kind of treatment. :mad:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back