ESTN in Valdosta this weekend (1 Viewer)

Joker

Nitro Member
NO PIT PASSES at ESTN?

Ok guys, explain something to me. I almost took vacation to go visit with my cousin and then drive over to Valdosta this weekend to watch the HUGE test session and now I'm glad I didnt. Would someone explain to me why the hell its $20 to get in and you cant access the pits???? When the hell did we turn into Nascar?

Last edited:
Thats the word I am hearing Erica. I cant see how thats true. I mean, its a DRAG RACE!!! Like I said, I dont know that for sure, but if you read on promodsource.com there is something about it plus I had a friend call me and say the same thing. I just cant believe it. And its only open to the public on Saturday also is what he heard. Now I dont know if this is all true or not but its ridiculous if it is.

Ish that sucks.... I'd probably still go if I was local, but, that is what makes drag racing so special compared to other forms of racing. Bummer for the fans going to that one, unless they don't care about the pits.

What if NHRA did that??? I bet Berzerko Bobs fumes in a can sales would go up.:D It would be hard to get to the track and not start the day with a big snoot of nitro during a "Kalitta Style" warm up.

Last edited:
Well, I'm not going out there now.

I'm not a very good spectator to begin with. If I cant walk around and see what's happening in the pits, then a bunch of test rounds down the track just aren't very entertaining for me anyways. IMHO.

Is there some type of "upgrade" you can buy to get in the pits? I have been to tracks in the past for match races or specialty shows it would be $15-20 to get in the gate and then $5-10 to get in the pits .... if not ... that is pretty weak.

PS I agree with Erica, having been to all of the test session here in Vegas, watching a bunch of half track shut off passes is not very entertaining, the ONLY thing that makes it worthwhile is going into the pits. You will probably get more full pulls at SGMP, but there will be far less nitro cars....

Last edited:
Since I can't be there, does anyone know if there are going to be results posted from testing on Th, Friday, and Sunday? I assume that Dragracecentral.com will post Saturday's results.

I just talked to Bobby Bennett from CompPlus and he said that this is strictly a rumor.

I told him about the call to SGMP. Perhaps he will follow up here.

I just talked to Bobby Bennett from CompPlus and he said that this is strictly a rumor.

I told him about the call to SGMP. Perhaps he will follow up here.

Bruce I called SGMP. I told her I heard that you cant get in the pits is that true and she said "YES, DRIVERS AND CREW ONLY." Here's the number I called, someone else call and see what they tell you, 1-229-896-7000. I dont know the ladys name I talked to, I didnt ask but I still cant believe this is true.

From Bobby Bennett, the CompPlus guy:

"I'm telling you that its a rumor. I am here and running the race. Squelch this!"

I am looking forward to going. See you guys there!!! If anyone wants to have a "mini-Mater-meeting", call me at 678-571-8833 on Saturday.

The track is open to the public on Saturday only, and pit access is included with your ticket.

I have no idea why they would they would say pit access. Once I get to the track i will get to the bottom of that. But i can tell you on SATURDAY...there IS ABSOLUTELY PIT ACCESS. WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO SAY!

If someone would have contacted me, I could have squelched this a long time ago before such a worthless thread was created.

Morning everyone. I just personally talked to Bobby Bennett and PIT ACCESS is included for Saturday. They just had a miscommunication. I am sure the ladies answering the phone knew that they were closed to the public every day but Saturday and it was Drivers and Crew Only then but not on Saturday. So everyone rest assured, you will get pit access on Saturday. The only reason they arent open to the public on Thurs, Fri, and Sun Bobby said is b/c they only have like 6 people on staff running things right now. Next year he said they plan on opening to the public on Fri and Sat.

So there you go, for those of you going, Have a great time.

And Joe, Kelly is right, my family isint known as the Texas Outlaws for nothing. Needless to say, we can have fun anywhere, anytime and the worst part of it all, Kelly wasnt even around the worst one!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back