ESPN2 to televise Maple Grove finals 8/26 (1 Viewer)

WOW a full , generous half hour (20 minutes after commercials), 4 days later to "recap the regular season"?
Not sure that deserves a "SWEET".

It says that they'd be showing the semi-final and finals runs from Maple Grove not a recap of the season.

They could surely fit those runs into a 1/2 hour.

And based on the fact that TV and the Audiocast would have been non-existant today.....I'd still say SWEET!

As my father would say, "It's better than a sharp stick in the eye."

It says that they'd be showing the semi-final and finals runs from Maple Grove not a recap of the season.

They could surely fit those runs into a 1/2 hour.

And based on the fact that TV and the Audiocast would have been non-existant today.....I'd still say SWEET!

As my father would say, "It's better than a sharp stick in the eye."
Not saying I`m not happy to get to see the race finals, just seems as fragmented as this race is/was, they could find at least a hour show to recap the entire event. You wont do that in a 30 minute show. ESPN2 doesnt even have anything listed for Sunday from 3-5PM .. give us that two hour block.

Last edited:
This is great news! I think a half hour will be enough. Plus if the TV cameras return, Hot Rod won't be tempted leave.:rolleyes:

well thats good that it will at least get some coverage

Not saying I`m not happy to get to see the race finals, just seems as fragmented as this race is/was, they could find at least a hour show to recap the entire event. You wont do that in a 30 minute show. ESPN2 doesnt even have anything listed for Sunday from 3-5PM .. give us that two hour block.

That's true and a good idea. I'm just glad that we'll see something.

I did'nt notice ANYONE giving espn2 praise for turning a two hour rain shortened NHRA event sunday, into a 3 hour show... :confused:

I understand that the NASCAR Michigan race was rained out, but those bone heads NEVER get tired of listening to themselves talk... :rolleyes: and we got an extra hour for once in our lifetime... 30 minutes is enough time, as long as the commercials only run for 20... :eek: :D

Watched it, PP by himself with no adult supervision... wasn't too flipping bad... almost as good as he was on the ATV race on just before... liked DR doing the top end.... and got the impression that Papa John didn't know he bulbed.... as if.... just wished they showed everything in the order it really ran....

yea when they leave it at John saying "What the hell happend?! Do you know what happend?!".....it does get the curiosity going

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back