Enders Flips Off The Grandstands - WTF? (1 Viewer)

Very surprised about fan negativity regarding Erica, one of the nicest racers I have ever met, always takes time to have a real conversation, if time constraints allow. The only negatives I heard @ the track came from the mother of a very prominent opponent!
Also enjoy how the naysayers fire her up, to do serious butt kicking, hope she wins the championship

Good grief....people up in arms over this..."how unprofessional"...."bet the sponsors aren't happy"...."absolutely unacceptable"...I'd need two calculators to add up all the times a competitor in some sport didn't lock horns, sometimes physically in sports like basketball where the fans are right there, over the last 50 years. Athletes have tempers; get over it. The world of drag racing is having a really slow night if they're bent out of shape over something like this on behalf of a consummate professional like Enders.

Let me ask this - back in the day, what would Al Hoffman have done? Or John McEnroe? LOL Whoever cussed Erica got off comparatively easy.

Good grief....people up in arms over this..."how unprofessional"...."bet the sponsors aren't happy"...."absolutely unacceptable"...I'd need two calculators to add up all the times a competitor in some sport didn't lock horns, sometimes physically in sports like basketball where the fans are right there, over the last 50 years. Athletes have tempers; get over it. The world of drag racing is having a really slow night if they're bent out of shape over something like this on behalf of a consummate professional like Enders.

Let me ask this - back in the day, what would Al Hoffman have done? Or John McEnroe? LOL Whoever cussed Erica got off comparatively easy.
Or Ed the Ace, he would've leaped into the stands and went after whoever had the mouth! LOL

This was my first thought. The people who go on about "Say that to Connie's face" or "Remember Ace back in the day" are some of the same people offended because Erica flipped the bird. Oh the humanity!

Then the other "what about the children?" crowd. Because, apparently, the drunk guy falling down the bleachers after yelling "Show us your t*ts" to a woman walking by is somehow more acceptable. Don't take your kids to a drag race if you don't want them to get a little culture.

She's human, as are all of the drivers. Give them a little grace because I can guarantee many of us here here wouldn't have shown the restraint of just flipping the bird.

Maybe the bunch from the OK state are still a little sore over being passed by for the Toyota clown commerical. A much better fit most of us would agree.

So really, what's the big deal? The only other fan interaction I can remember was the last time Shirley ran Sonoma, she was not having a good race. Some characters walked up to the rope and said "hey John, can Shirley come over and sign some autographs?" , No, shes busy right now says John (Shirley and John both looked stressed discussing the race) , the dirtbag says "f'n b!+ch"!, John came unglued. The guy lipped off some more and John told him what he was going to do to him. The guy and his goons quickly disappeared into the crowd while his mom and a crewman held him back.

i'm sure whoever she flipped the bird to, had it coming but i woulda thought at this point in her career she would have developed some thick skin and simply ignore all the jerks she encounters

WWCKD?
WWEMD?
WWSMD?

As contemptible as some may be in professional racing, some fans feel emboldened to attack because they know no real consequences come from their misguided understanding of the First Amendment. Any serious study of our most precious amendment leads one to the understanding that the founders really didn't consider irrational public personal attacks were to be protected.

Last edited:
WWCKD?
WWEMD?
WWSMD?

As contemptible as some may be in professional racing, some fans feel emboldened to attack because they know no real consequences come from their misguided understanding of the First Amendment. Any serious study of our most precious amendment leads one to the understanding that the founders really didn't consider irrational public personal attacks were to be protected.

Kinda like how the courts have ruled that flipping off cops or calling them a "mother #@%" is protected speech. The problem is, there is a fine line here that the founders didn't address. If "the founders really didn't consider irrational public personal attacks were to be protected," who gets to decide what is protected and what isn't? I don't want someone telling me I can't say "Thank God" just because there may be an atheist around who gets offended easily. I won't go into what's happening today if you use the wrong pronoun.

Hypothetically thinking, if someone made a comment to a race car driver (considering the intensity of racing I maintain that 90% of them have to be type A personalities), then the response is predictable. The Connie's, Hoffman's, McCullough's and the Kyle Busch's of the race car driver world are likely to respond somewhere between a PG-13 and an Rated R manner. Come to think of it, I believe a guy like Mike Edwards would have turned the other cheek and walked on. He's in the 10% I suppose.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back