Enders family buys Pro Stock Team from Schumacher (1 Viewer)

Yes thats good news for EE only IF She Can Get a GOOD ENGINE! She was doing VERY well when she was driving a Cagnazzi car.. but when better minds took her out of that car her standings dropped like a stone.. IMO She HAS the ability, the only thing she is lacking is the horse!

Doesn't look like the DON has any Pro Stock cars under his umbrella now. His statement at INDY was that the Red SRT team was still under his auspices, but now it appears that is no longer the case. I'm sure he is glad to be rid of the headaches from all that turmoil. Will be interesting to see how David Nickens does now, and I assume he will get some sort of support from MOPAR with the engines. This has been one big soap opera for all of us, and I'm sure even more so for DSR.

Doesn't look like the DON has any Pro Stock cars under his umbrella now. His statement at INDY was that the Red SRT team was still under his auspices, but now it appears that is no longer the case. I'm sure he is glad to be rid of the headaches from all that turmoil. Will be interesting to see how David Nickens does now, and I assume he will get some sort of support from MOPAR with the engines. This has been one big soap opera for all of us, and I'm sure even more so for DSR.

SRT still owns the blue car.
These are his quotes for from his post last night.

The 1320 agent is wrong on both Valvoline and my Pro Stock program. I still own the Richie Stevens Pro Stock operation and Allen and I are teaming up to do the best we can for our sponsor, MOPAR.

Valvoline had always planned to suppory their sportmans, Pro Stock and Pro Mod operations prior to getting involved with Don Schumacher Racing.

I think Erica is wonderful for the sport and I have alot of respect for the Nickens family. I truly hope it all works out because Erica needs to perform in order to have an impact on this sport.

Best of luck guys!

erica is very talented and easy to market, gregg is a super nice guy, im puzzled why they didnt get back into a gm team, nickens really hasnt made the power or gotten the setups right ill now, there are a lot more drce stuff available ,and rental engines are easier to come buy. im still not buying that don has no more pro stock cars. anyway good luck to enders racing in the future.

I find this development very intereesting. I have great respect for all the parties involved:

Don Schumacher has history running through his veins and in his family
Jeg Couglin is a great racer and comes from a great family
Bob Glidden is mega talented multi-champion pro stock legend and family
Erica Enders is a budding local star with great appeal
David Nickens has proven himself a great competitor and is located nearby too

Yet these ingredients NEVER MIXED!

This is probably a world class example of a talented team failing to develop CHEMISTRY:(

I think Erica is wonderful for the sport and I have alot of respect for the Nickens family. I truly hope it all works out because Erica needs to perform in order to have an impact on this sport.

Best of luck guys!

I couldn't agree more. I don't particularly consider myself an Erica Enders fan (I've cheered on Greg Anderson even prior to him winning his first NHRA p/s championship). But my twelve-year old granddaughter, who I have raised since she was four, is a HUGE fan of Erica. Because of this, I understand the positive influence and role model that Erica has become and so I really want her to succeed in this sport. I believe that she has all the talent necessary to be a winnner and really hope she can turn her program around.

I think Don needs to have a couple of TAD cars....it would help with a "bull pen" scenario for TF....I'm available Don, call me we'll do lunch...

KB:cool:

Yes thats good news for EE only IF She Can Get a GOOD ENGINE! She was doing VERY well when she was driving a Cagnazzi car.. but when better minds took her out of that car her standings dropped like a stone.. IMO She HAS the ability, the only thing she is lacking is the horse!

I'm not sure I agree with you John. Her performance had deteriorated in the Slammers car prior to her departure & Tommy Lee hasn't been anything special since she left. I don't claim to know why, it's just an observation.

Either way, I hope she reaches her potential & does wonderful things for Pro Stock Racing in NHRA.

I'm not sure I agree with you John. Her performance had deteriorated in the Slammers car prior to her departure & Tommy Lee hasn't been anything special since she left. I don't claim to know why, it's just an observation.

Either way, I hope she reaches her potential & does wonderful things for Pro Stock Racing in NHRA.

Gordon, yes her performance might have gone down a "little" in her last few races in the VC car.. but She Was Qualifying! I don't remember how many races she ran with the Cagnazzi car, but I'd like to see how what her qualifying % was when she was in a VC car... & what her qualifying % is after she left VC... I know the answer to part 2.. its 0..She never qualified... after leaving VC.. however Tommy Lee.. is at least getting in the field...

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see her do well, & was really pulling for her.. & I will still love to see her get someplace.. ... but as for this year just to qualify would be a MAJOR accomplishment..
As of now I don't think ANYONE really knows who she will be racing for next year.. & if she will have the same crew chief...

I'll make you a side bet a 6 pack of PowerAid... Next year whoever is driving the Slammers car will finish higher in the point standings than EE.. & don't forget even if EE is not doing well early next year.. NHRA has assured us of the NEW & IMPROVED point system.. that will help her if all else fails... :confused:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back