Electric COPO at Wild Horse (1 Viewer)

Do you remember that once NHRA did a study on running mufflers on nitro cars?

the study was halted after Force Racing did some dyno tests and found it would have to be this big

muff.jpg

Don't bet on that. I'm as big of a fan of throaty V8s as much as anyone, and even I'll say that EVs have come a long way.

Tesla's top models all have 300+ mile range and their new roadster is going to have an estimated 600 mile range. The only hurdles left to clear are charge times and availability of charging stations. It makes we wonder why a company like Tesla hasn't made a deal with a gas station brand to put a row of charging stations next to their gas pumps, especially in the service plazas that's placed on major highways. Besides that, they need to reduce charging times. Even if you use Tesla's "supercharger" stations it still takes around 30-something minutes to top off. If they can half that, it would be ideal.

I live in Phoenix and one of the things we love to do is go to Flagstaff, about a 2 hour drive north. Well, we noticed a few years ago that a gas station in Cordes Junction has a row of chargers. this is a bit less than half way. If I had an electric, I could stop there, do a quick charge, eat lunch at the resturant there & off I go. Flagstaff has charge stations, so no problem. BUT, if I wanted to go cross country... that is what is holding things up. Go from Phoenix to Lost Angeles, different story. I still think gasoline is the best deal, cuz you can go anywhere without stopping to charge the batteries.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back