Dry hops allowed? (1 Viewer)

Crazy

Nitro Member
Never attended a Nostalgia Funny Car event. ( None close to my area.) I was wondering, if dry hops are done or permitted? If not, why? They were always one of the things everyone looked forward to, when I ran at OCIR and Lions,
Crazy

Not sure about all events but i can tell you the onesi have been to certain guys do do them and certain ones dont..

Last edited:
We (Dunn & Gone) won't run with out them. Rob Bruce in the Zoombie does them too. John Loves to do them and I think the crowd does too.

Del Worsham does them sometimes when he is driving "Blue Max". I can't speak for all of the fans but I love them!

at the national hot rod reunion in columbus the chi town hustler car did them

Tony-

We will have several NFC's at Martin MI on Sept 15, for the US Funny Car Nationals. We don't do them right now, still figuring out the car. Running good is our first priority (6.39 is our best) and once we know what we can do and still have fuel left in the tank, we will start doing them.

Justin
Don Schumacher's Stardust Funny Car
http://www.stardustracing.com

Tony,

Here's a vid for ya. Thompson in the Bud Car at Santa Pod in '89.

Motor soundin' really crisp (96%?), awsome dry hops. Sweeeet!

YouTube - Funny Car - Harlan Thompson 1989

And don't worry, Justin. You guys are doing a great job with the car so far. Just keep sneakin' up on it. The times will come, although a .39 doesn't seem too shabby to me!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back