DrRocket's Brainerd Pictures (1 Viewer)

DrRocket

Nitro Member
OK, it's late, and I've got to start a brand new job in the morning. We got tied up in a traffic jam on SB 94 because of an old camper that decided to end it all and commit suicide by immolation. So I'm only going to have time to post a couple of pics tonight.

Might as well start with the Mater meeting group photo.

DSCN2389.jpg

Included in this photo are Mark Matt and Zach Krogen. Greg Rice. Tom Stanfield. Scott and Kristine Johnson and Ken Thrun.

Oh, and Me and Mrs Rocket, of course!

Thoughts.....

It was great meeting everyone on Sunday morning. It's nice to put faces and personalities together with the names.

I can't BELIEVE I forgot to turn off the date stamping!!!!:mad::(

It was a wonderful weekend, with ideal weather and great (safe!) racing. The fans were all friendly and easy going, (and stayed in their seats!)

It's getting late, and I've GOT to hit the sack. I'll post the rest later, and link to a slide show so I won't use up so much Mater bandwidth.

Last edited:
OK, it's late, and I've got to start a brand new job in the morning. We got tied up in a traffic jam on SB 94 because of an old camper that decided to end it all and commit suicide by immolation. So I'm only going to have time to post a couple of pics tonight.

Might as well start with the Mater meeting group photo.

DSCN2389.jpg

Included in this photo are Mark Matt and Zach Krogen. Greg Rice. Tom Stanfield. Scott and Kristine Johnson and Ken Thrun.

Oh, and Me and Mrs Rocket, of course!

I recognize Mark and Greg, who is everybody else? Rocket which one is you?

Joe, Mr & Mrs Rocket are standing on the far left of the photo, and that's me kneeling in front. You should have been here with your camera, this whole state is a gold mine. I have been up here for a little over 2 months and it's been a real pleasure. All of the people are super nice and very friendly, and the weather is just unreal. Nice seeing all of you guys at the race, hope to get home soon and make it to Ennis too.

Can you believe I have a niece and her husband that live in Uptown Minneapolis. He's supposedly into cars but I ask if he ever goes to Brainerd, he's heard of it but never been there.:rolleyes:

walked past nitro mall a little after 10 and got to meet some of the folks
in picture - definitely a pleasure meeting you all.
i'm happy for greg traveling up north for this event - brainerd lakes
chamber of commerce weather prevailed for entire event.

david,
love your photo from behind starting line. when the large bleachers on
spectators side are full it's a cool site.
our whole group thought the event mite be down on spectator/camper
count, but we all ended up thinking the opposite - as full as ever.

Great pictures, David.

How did you get that close to the starting line in front of the tower? I had a restricted access pass and couldn't get that close when to pros were running. :confused:

One of these years I'll make it to the Mater meeting. I always seem to forget about it.... then when I finally remember, it's too late. :eek:

Brian. :)

Great pictures, David.

How did you get that close to the starting line in front of the tower? I had a restricted access pass and couldn't get that close when to pros were running. :confused:

One of these years I'll make it to the Mater meeting. I always seem to forget about it.... then when I finally remember, it's too late. :eek:

Brian. :)

Sponsor VIP pass I'd guess. I've had them and you can get really close, it just really depends on the track. Or atleast Houston and Ennis are.

Sponsor VIP pass I'd guess.
You're probably right.

This is the first year I couldn't get near the starting line when the pros were running. I don't know if it's a new NHRA rule of if it's just a Brainerd thing. Either way, it kinda sucked this year..... No standing room, no general admission seating, only one pit vehicle decal per entry, they wanted ZOO cruising to end at 10pm, young track security guards on a power trip acting like jerks, etc...

Every year they take a little bit away from us, and the security guards get a little cockier. Just when you think it can't get worse, it does. I'm actually considering not going next year. I'll take the money I normally spend on a BIR weekend and go to Vegas for a race. At least in Vegas you can move around town after 10pm without being threatened of getting kicked out!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back