Driver Video (1 Viewer)

JRX

Nitro Member
This last weekend at the Vegas race we shot some video for NHRA driver Johnny Ahten. I wanted to share it here and get some feedback from the hard-core fan. I am also interested in what you would ask a NHRA driver if you had the chance to interview them. Thanks.

It's up at our site here:

Johnny Ahten Vegas Recap (Video)

Well shot and cut.Maybe the music was a little overpowering... The Island Renovators/ Lucas Oil could have been played up just a little longer... Johnny seems like a charming person, very factual without being overly 'in your face'. Again, Very Well Cut Video.

d'kid

Karl, do you mean the music was too loud or the style was overpowering? Music selection is tricky because of the usage rights.

Thanks for the feedback.

Loud enough to have caught my attention right off the bat, John, and that's coming from a guy who listens to the Who and Iron Butterfly wearing head phones...

But, I blew out my hearing before 35, 21 of that a drag strips and concerts, just wish someone would answer the ringing so it would stop.

My .02: The music level is fine for me. The super with the drivers name needs to go up as soon as he is on, you only have 10 seconds to read it before the shot changes. Over all it's a good piece well shot and edited. Nice work.

As far as music beds go there are ways to make your own. Sony makes some great software called acid music. You can download a free version that will do what you need and every week they have free loops. You can also find free loops on the net. If you are on Mac, garage band will allow you to do the same thing.

Don't worry too much about fancy stuff when you are doing reports like this, save that for big presentations.

You guys are on the right track.

Dan

Nice package (I watched in 480).

I had no issue with sound.

Would you be sending that kind of thing to local TV outlets or post on social media sites? Very nice presentation and would probably work well as a continuing saga (i.e. blog or ??)

Nice package (I watched in 480).

I had no issue with sound.

Would you be sending that kind of thing to local TV outlets or post on social media sites? Very nice presentation and would probably work well as a continuing saga (i.e. blog or ??)

The concept is primarily for Social Media, and Marketing Partners. We've seen in the past when we send the standard "WRITTEN RELEASE" to these avenues, hits are down, interest is slight. We still use the written release to send to the media for reproduction, but we feel this could enhance our clients image and brand. It would also provide a higher Return on Investment to our marketing partners. It's something they could share with their employees, investors, customers, vendors which brings the excitement of our sport to other avenues.

However, we will also send to the drag racing media as well. Who know's who would pick it up...? :::::: Classic Video Rewind :::::: :rolleyes: hint hint wink wink..

It's a work in progress but our vision is to have all our clients at CRX Media having this type of service to promote them, their marketing partners and the sport.

As far as the blog concept, that's a distinct part of it. Most people don't read past a paragraph unless it's interesting. The video is action based.

I would try to use a video of race day with the stands full and people milling around the track.Is it possible to "photoshop" a video?? Or footage from a race track that looked "fuller".

We all know that the stands can look when fuel isn't running-or on a qualifying day.
But I'm thinking if you show a video with hardly any fans in it, the potential "marketing partners" might be a bit skeptical of it etc.

Last edited:
I would try to use a video of race day with the stands full and people milling around the track.Is it possible to "photoshop" a video?? Or footage from a race track that looked "fuller".

We all know that the stands can look when fuel isn't running-or on a qualifying day.
But I'm thinking if you show a video with hardly any fans in it, the potential "marketing partners" might be a bit skeptical of it etc.

Thanks for your input Patrick. I think they would be more "SKEPTICAL" of a photoshop job faking the fans who are not there when they show up to the race themselves, watch them run, and nobody is in the stands, they'll realize that you were trying to 'fake it up'. We don't do use those tactics. Don't want to ever start a business relationship based on Bull**** do ya?

Seems to me that honesty is the best virtue when developing a relationship with a new business.

Oh, and for the record, the company who will be funding this driver with a primary partnership being announced in two weeks called me today and LOVED this video. But, it's a start. And we will improve.

We do appreciate your input folks.

Nice video, but it needs some "effects" to make it stand out such as highlighting the car, darkening and blurring the background, adding some well-placed text to emphasize items about the car,etc.

As for the music, it should be targeted to audience you are seeking.

Also, you should do interviews where it's quiet and the audience doesn't get distracted with background noise.

Like any marketing tool, it should leave a quality lasting impression that makes the targeted audience wanting to see more.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back