Drew Austin (1 Viewer)

Gone Dead Train

Nitro Member
Just a few minutes ago at the CHRR, Drew runs a 5.548 @ 260.11 the 4th quickest run
in nostalgia AA/FC history. Not bad for a Ford powered, nitro burning flopper.
Saw Drew run a 5.741@ 250.46 at Seattle in July on the 4th run on the car. The car sounded healthy
back in July. They skip right over the 5.60s and go to the mid 5.50s just bitchin. Here in the
Northwest we have some pretty good running nostalgia AA/FC. I believe Drew has a (great) uncle
that runs a nostalgia AA/FC here in the Northwest, that runs pretty good.
Goodguys-Friday-Night-Drags-5-of-95.jpg

Seattle July 23, 2021

Last edited:
And then pulls off the win in the finals. If they keep that up, look for NHRA to add weight or take away the pump size or overdrive from them.

Amen Brother. All of a sudden you realize, Hey, I'm old(er). How many years ago did you go to yer first drag race? Heh

Amen Brother. All of a sudden you realize, Hey, I'm old(er). How many years ago did you go to yer first drag race? Heh
First time I went to a Drag race was 1956. There was this guy from Florida there named Don something and he raced Vance Hunt in the Hunt & Mabrey car and the Buck & Boles AOG roadster. He went on to do pretty good for himself :cool:. I caught a disease called Drag Racing that I am still not over - not even in remission. First pass down a Drag Strip (Air Port run by the San Antonio Jaycees) was 1957 in Castroville Tx which would be 64 years ago. Fortunatly back then in Texas you could get a license at 14 if you lived in a Ag area and race if you had a forged Minors release.

I wonder how many people know that AOG stands for A Open Gas? Never saw anything run with that classification but have seen a ton of old photos with dragsters that ran AOG. I guess roadsters did too. A/HR = A/Hot Roadster cuz it was on nitro. etc etc I'm like you Roger, can't get that dang drag racing hook outta me.

Well at least I'm not as old as you guys 😁
I didn't start racing until the 1970s. Still can't get it out of my system. They showed the ages of drivers on the stats during the live broadcast from CHRR and I was surprised to see a LOT of guys well into their 70s, even a few 80s out there driving fast cars.

But back on topic, Drew's run was great! That motor based on the 429 "Shotgun" design works quite well.

The only complaint that they can possibly have about that block is tha bore centers. It is rediculous that a stock centerline on a production block has caused all this problem for the Austins. The advantage it has is that it has a much better chance to live by having more "meat" around the cylinders and possibly better oiling. One thing that could be a problem is that they might have to have it available to anyone else who wants one according to the rules.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back