DRAMA....or DRAGRACING (1 Viewer)

I never thought when they cancelled "All my children" that it would be replaced by ,"NHRA - PO'ed in the Pits". First PSB, now FC.
You had rare, primo air conditions, on a well preped track. Many personal bests, but instead of showing the runs, you do interviews about, "he said - she said". I usually enjoy the broadcasts.......

I say forget the drama, stick to the racing.
What say you all???

Paul, I am with ya. It seems pretty silly really. :rolleyes:

Now we find out Matt was mad at Jack because Jack reminded him that he wasn't the first sub 4-second run at 1000-ft in spite of what Paul Page and the nhra guys are saying. :eek: :D :D

Rapid

Somebody must like this stuff...

Too bad they don't ever watch drag racing...:rolleyes:

Is this really that good for the ratings? Really?

All this drama reporting started with John Force, the King of drama. That's where the coverage of non-racing drama started. I'm still waiting on Coil to come back and fill his empty chair in the transporter....

Paul, I am with ya. It seems pretty silly really. :rolleyes:

Now we find out Matt was mad at Jack because Jack reminded him that he wasn't the first sub 4-second run at 1000-ft in spite of what Paul Page and the nhra guys are saying. :eek: :D :D

Rapid

Speaking of such

READING - Saturday Wrap Up

They edited it now, but at first yesterday they say Antron made the quickest run in NHRA History, problem is Cory Mac made the quickest run 3.752 (aka E-Town is #1 lol but that's another story for another day).

They still kinda do on the main page though.

This is one of the confusing aspects of the 1000 foot thing, you have to have a detailed knowledge of the pre 1000ft era 1000ft times which most people including myself don't have to be able to understand the significance of the times being run.

Cory Mac's 3.752 1000' run: Englishtown 2010

60ft-0.828 sec.,
330ft-2.122,
660ft-3.007/284.87 mph
1000ft - 3.752/324.75

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Doug's 4.420, Chicago 2004

60ft-0.852 sec.,
330ft-2.120,
660ft-3.004/283.73mph,
1,000ft-3.758
1/4 mile - 4.420/328.22mph

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"The Run" Pomona 2006

60ft-0.841 sec.,
330ft-2.114,
660ft-3.003/283.19mph,
1,000ft-3.759
1/4 mile - 4.428/327.98mph

All three runs were close. At the 1/8th mile all three runs were separated by .004 sec, but in the end, it looks like Cory Mac's 3.752 is the quickest.

Somebody must like this stuff...

Too bad they don't ever watch drag racing...:rolleyes:

Is this really that good for the ratings? Really?
I always fast forward through the commercials, but now I fast forward through the interviews too. But it doesn't take me very long to watch a race now.

I always fast forward through the commercials, but now I fast forward through the interviews too. But it doesn't take me very long to watch a race now.

yup...

it's funny, I'll leave the ESPN3 broadcast on all day, but the over-produced ESPN2 show I can usually get through in well under an hour

All three runs were close. At the 1/8th mile all three runs were separated by .004 sec, but in the end, it looks like Cory Mac's 3.752 is the quickest.

What amazes me is that the only sub-3 second 660' time in recorded history belongs to Gary Scelzi - 13 years ago. Clearly there's been a profound increase in power output- 1000' speeds now routinely exceed 1320' speeds of just a few years ago - but after all these years, they haven't been able to put it to the ground in the front half with any more efficiency than they did back in Scelzi's TF days.

I never thought when they cancelled "All my children" that it would be replaced by ,"NHRA - PO'ed in the Pits". First PSB, now FC.
You had rare, primo air conditions, on a well preped track. Many personal bests, but instead of showing the runs, you do interviews about, "he said - she said". I usually enjoy the broadcasts.......

I say forget the drama, stick to the racing.
What say you all???

I couldn't agree more! I miss the racing interviews and coverage.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back