Drag Racing Online -- First Look of the Snake's SkyTel Dragster! (2 Viewers)

We just finished her last wednesday....sure looks great in the new livery. Good luck to Snake, Larry, Donnie and everybody else at Snake Racing!

We just finished her last wednesday....sure looks great in the new livery. Good luck to Snake, Larry, Donnie and everybody else at Snake Racing!

Is this the first time one of Snake's dragsters has run the single front wing?

I don't recall one of Larry's or Don's cars having one.

Yup.....

Seems to me they had a Hadman car built with the single front wing right around the time Scelzi crashed 2 cars at Topeka in '99 and they had to "Frankenstein" 3 cars together to race Sunday.

They sold it to Alan Johnson before they ran it, because Scelzi needed a new one.

At least that's what I remember... :confused:

Last edited:
Hasn't Larry been running a '98 Hadman for the last few years?

I have commented in the past to people that its one of the oldest chassis in the class. Obviously its been front/back halfed etc...

Hasn't Larry been running a '98 Hadman for the last few years?

I have commented in the past to people that its one of the oldest chassis in the class. Obviously its been front/back halfed etc...

They run Murf cars, and they get new cars just like everyone else does. Their last new car came out in Brainerd last year.

Last edited:
i beleive they switched to murf chasis when is hadman snapped in half at about 1000 ft at memphis back in '01

I'm feeling the new paint. I was wondering when the team were going to switch to the single wing @ the front Anyway hopefully Larry and the team have a good season. Car is going to look great on the track:)

I'm not sure how many cars are left not running the one piece wing... But I believe the Kalitta cars do not... YET!!
Maybe Connie thinks it is safer to fly with 2 wings...;) ;)

Did any of you scroll down and see one of our own, Erica Ortiz? Nice paragraph about her, and artwork of her new ride. CONGRATS ERICA!
Tim

All right, I didn't scroll down far enough on the "mater to see there was already a thread.....sorry!

Last edited:
Yep, I see that now... Sorry guys... I knew I should have fact checked before I posted...;) Someone always will catch an error...:D How is my spelling though??;) ;)

After seeing "blue" for all of these years, the orange is quite a dramatic difference.

Don't get me wrong; I love orange. I'm just used to all white and 2 orange stripes, as on my Camaro! :D

Still no "official" announcement.

I like the looks of the car. It is weird to see orange instead of blue though.
By the way, did anyone catch where he said they had everything "soft" and ran a .839 60' time? What is a GOOD 60' time???????????

I guess I'm the odd one out here - it looks incredibly corporate to me. Not that the Miller Lite car didn't, I just don't see this car screaming "Mean," or "Wow," at me.

That aside, I'm extremely pleased to know that Snake, Larry, Donnie & the gang will be racing in '07 - the field wouldn't have been the same without 'em.

P.S. I know corporate sponsors are needed, I just wish they'd at least try to get a little more creative with the paint... like Jim Jannard does, for example.

I guess I'm the odd one out here - it looks incredibly corporate to me. Not that the Miller Lite car didn't, I just don't see this car screaming "Mean," or "Wow," at me.

That aside, I'm extremely pleased to know that Snake, Larry, Donnie & the gang will be racing in '07 - the field wouldn't have been the same without 'em.

P.S. I know corporate sponsors are needed, I just wish they'd at least try to get a little more creative with the paint... like Jim Jannard does, for example.

I find the more reserved look seems to stand out in comparison with some of the wilder paintjobs. Also, my suspicion is that paint schemes probably go though plenty of market awareness groups prior to implementation.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back