Drag Racing commercials? (1 Viewer)

Thrill

Nitro Member
I know it all comes down to money....but...

Why can't NHRA pull some strings or spend some money and get some ESPN skit commercials like they're doing with the nascar/busch guys??? The last I remember like that was the John Force/Kenny Mayne cartoon....

Maybe there are some smarter people than me that have figured out it's just better to advertise the races during the races....:confused:

Will I agree those would be hilarious, but since NHRA has to buy their own air-time on ESPN I doubt that will ever happen!

Last edited:
thanks for posting this topic.
i have one thing to say to powerade.......
get rid of that friggin' 'powerade option' commercial with the asian
lady lifting dumbells.
i've NEVER seen that horendously annoying commercial air anywhere
but on nhra nat. event coverage.
the music and production quality make it look like the 1980's or earlier.

thanks for posting this topic.
i have one thing to say to powerade.......
get rid of that friggin' 'powerade option' commercial with the asian
lady lifting dumbells.
i've NEVER seen that horendously annoying commercial air anywhere
but on nhra nat. event coverage.
the music and production quality make it look like the 1980's or earlier.
you took the words right out of my mouth, and how about the 2 shoes 1 with 10 holes the other with 50 how many times do we have to see this?????? they can bring a few drivers into the coca cola studios and shoot a few commercials for us?

Remember the PowerAde commercials with the Army dragster and with John Force? . . . made me want to drink PowerAde. The current commercials? . . .make me wish HeadOn was advertising!
I don't watch the taxicabs or such minor league stuff as IndyCar, so, I'll ask: Does ABC/ESPN promote drag racing during their events?
I am grateful for the support that Coca Cola provides our sport, but they don't get full value as they don't utilize what they have.
My frustration is exacerbated because our own marketing partners don't always realize what our team does and can do for them. We'd like to do more for the people who sponsor us.
Cheers,
Ed

I liked the prestone commercial where the guy cant make any decisions lol,also liked the old wassssuuuuup budweiser deal

I know it all comes down to money....but...

Why can't NHRA pull some strings or spend some money and get some ESPN skit commercials like they're doing with the nascar/busch guys??? The last I remember like that was the John Force/Kenny Mayne cartoon....

Maybe there are some smarter people than me that have figured out it's just better to advertise the races during the races....:confused:
Will,

I agree that some skit commercials that ESPN does in house would be very cool for drag racing. The key words would be in house -- at least I don't think NASCAR or the NBA or the other subjects of those ads pay for the ads. They are promoting the sports that they (ESPN) have had to buy the rights to cover, as opposed to NHRA drag racing, which the NHRA pays to have covered. I'm not sure how we could convince ESPN that they should be including our sport in this type of advertising, at least not until the viewership numbers reach the point where they are paying the NHRA to cover the sport. :(

How about Vandy in a UPS Truck Fueler ?? Race the truck, Bob!

I'm 'kinda disappointed that UPS hasn't utilized the NHRA to any great extent (Hey, maybe I missed it?). IMHO They did a lot to "mainstream" NASCAR.

I'm not suggesting that's a sponsor's responsibility but, I think NHRA could get some "cross promotions" going. It wouldn't bother me a BIT to have Vandergriff - in a humorous way - piggy-back on a mainly NASCAR ad.

Q has a mainstream ad on right now that shows Tony P as well as I'm guessing a sports compact car, plus some other forms of racing.

Did WJ have something with Pontiac a few years ago making fun of extreme sports?

few random ideas...

force in the sportscenter break room telling them about that time in memphis and how he saw elvis at a 1000' ft....elvis walks in, gets coffee..

scelzi helping some goofy ass mascot steal capp's funny car.

force, mascot, elevator...no writers needed..

bazemore and dunn on their cycles...scelzi driving by and splashing them...

few random ideas...

force in the sportscenter break room telling them about that time in memphis and how he saw elvis at a 1000' ft....elvis walks in, gets coffee..

scelzi helping some goofy ass mascot steal capp's funny car.

force, mascot, elevator...no writers needed..

bazemore and dunn on their cycles...scelzi driving by and splashing them...

great ideas, I Really like the elvis one....could be made with a twist by making it elvis costello who gets the coffee

Here's one with cross over appeal.

have John Force there and Ahley walks through on the arm on some nascar guy, Stewart, little E, Gordon whomever. John's goes nuts mumbling something like anyone but a nascar guy.

Of course I'd really like to see some true in your face type of ads going at nascar and other series in fun. Show Angelle, Mel, Hillary, Erica, Karen, Ashley and whoever else I'm forgetting. Show each of them outside the car then lauches or action shots of tf, fc, ps and bike.

A tag line could read something like, "Unlike other series are women are not just hot and but they win races too"

it could also be something like don't let their looks deceive you, these girls WILL beat you

or when you think of fast women this isn't what you had in mind....don't worry boys we wont rub it in too bad when we beat you.

yeah its playing up on the sex appeal but sex sells.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back