DPR/Skytel - ? (1 Viewer)

The Counterfeiter

Nitro Member
Did I miss the announcement? Pro teams will start to arrive at Firebird Thursday. I'm going to sneak out Friday afternoon to see who's here.
Stay tuned!

Saw one of the Tony Schumacher rigs headed towards Firebird this afternoon. It was only about 5 minutes away from the track when I saw them. Guess some of the teams are already there and getting set up?

I will be out there tomorrow adding rubber for the pros. If anyone is going, please stop by and have a chilled beverage. I have a black, silver and pink dragster and my number is 7269.

Hope to see some fellow maters.

p.s. I will give a full report tomorrow night

I will be out there tomorrow adding rubber for the pros. If anyone is going, please stop by and have a chilled beverage. I have a black, silver and pink dragster and my number is 7269.

Good Luck Justin! Hope you have a successful outing. Anxiously awaiting your report.

I will be there Saturday and Sunday so I will drop by and say hi!

John, I would say and official announcement and launch is still coming, just because the 'in' drag racing world knows doesn't mean 'everyone' already knows (Read Alan Reinhart's thread on the Ashley Force launch/media conference). Obviously Phoenix gives them a tremendous opportunity to photograph the car in action in limited privacy as well for promotional/media purposes ahead of an official launch and the Winternationals ...

Hight, Vendergreff, Lucas, Prudhomme, and Corys teams all came in my store this morning all about the same time, Im going tomarrow, those I spoke to said they were happy to get out of Vegas and come down here for better weather.

I think it has taken so long because everytime Larry does his mock top end interview, he keeps saying Miller!! J/K;) ;)

The car looks great. I guess they have known for a while, but legally (merger) could not spill the beans. Larry said it has been a busy winter. You will see that he and the team have had to add a lot of decals. His quote was, "You know Snake".

As for me, the car went 7.93 shaking the tires off the line, so I was happy as this is low for me. Track looks great and there were a ton of pro cars. I wish I could test all weekend!

Oh, one more thing... I hadn't raced there before, always Speedworld. I only went 166 MPH and found out that the shutdown is short in comparison to Speedworld. (Had an Oh $&#@ moment) I can't imagine stopping a 330 MPH car.

Last edited:
Oh, one more thing... I hadn't raced there before, always Speedworld. I only went 166 MPH and found out that the shutdown is short in comparison to Speedworld. (Had an Oh $&#@ moment) I can't imagine stopping a 330 MPH car.

Glad you got it stopped Justin!!! LOL

That is one of the things about the fuel cars that I think would scare me. The thrill is that incredible acceleration to 330 MPH... But THEN the fear of getting that bad boy stopped???? WOW!!:eek:

NHRA said the Powers team would be testing starting today, if anyone is out there, report back some of the numbers.

Last edited:
Just got back from the track. Almost all of the pro teams are there. I only stayed for first session and most TF and FC's either ran planned 60 footers or went up in smoke.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back