Doug Kalitta, J.R. Todd Reach Seattle Final Round; Shawn Langdon Reaches Semifinals (1 Viewer)

Kalitta logo.jpg

Flav-R-Pac NHRA Northwest Nationals
NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series
Pacific Raceways; Kent, Wash.

Post-Event Wrap-Up

Doug Kalitta, Mac Tools Top Fuel Dragster
KM - SeattleDougKalitta.jpeg

Qualifying: Doug Kalitta was the No. 2 qualifier at the Flav-R-Pac NHRA Northwest Nationals continuing his impressive qualifying streak. Kalitta qualified in the top six at six of the last seven races, and he qualified No. 2 this week and last week in Denver. During the Friday evening session, Kalitta posted a 3.753-second effort at 327.66 mph that was low for the round but ended up second.
Eliminations: Kalitta raced to his second-straight final round. He defeated Ron Smith, had a second-round bye and defeated Clay Millican before losing to Steve Torrence when the Mac Tools Toyota dragster smoked the tires during the final-round run.
Unofficial Point Standings: Kalitta leaves Seattle in sixth place in the NHRA Top Fuel point standings. He trails fifth-place Austin Prock by 17 points and leads seventh-place Antron Brown by 13 points.
Kalitta on Seattle: “It was really a good weekend for us. Going to the final again – all my guys are working really hard on this thing, and I couldn’t be more proud of what we have going on. It was there for the taking in the final, and it was one of those deals where we let one get away. For Mac Tools, Revchem, Toyota - definitely appreciate everyone’s support. We’ll give it another shot next week, and maybe Sonoma will be our time.”

J.R. Todd, DHL Funny Car
KM - SeattleJRTodd.jpeg

Qualifying: J.R. Todd was the No. 5 qualifier at the Flav-R-Pac NHRA Northwest Nationals. His best effort, a 3.967-second run at 323.81 mph, came during the final qualifying session Saturday afternoon.
Eliminations: Todd advanced to his second final round of the season. He defeated Alex Laughlin, Cruz Pedregon and Chad Green before losing to Tim Wilkerson in the final round.
Unofficial Point Standings: Todd leaves Seattle in ninth place in the NHRA Funny Car point standings. He trails eight-place John Force by 27 points and leads 10th-place Cruz Pedregon by 70 points.
Todd on Seattle: “We had a really good car right off the trailer starting on Friday,” Todd said. “The way that DHL Toyota GR Supra ran the first three rounds today, I thought for sure it was gonna be our day, but that just shows how tough Funny Car is. I didn’t do us any favors in the final. I went up there and flinched at the starting line and ended up being late. Either way, those guys made a great run, and ours slowed down for whatever reason. Going into Sonoma, it’s one of my favorite tracks. We’ve run well there in the past, and I think we have really good momentum right now so hopefully we’ll just keep rolling.”

Shawn Langdon, Kalitta Air Careers Top Fuel Dragster
KM - SeattleShawnLangdon.jpeg

Qualifying:
Shawn Langdon was the No. 8 qualifier at the Flav-R-Pac NHRA Northwest Nationals. His best qualifying effort came in the opening attempt Friday evening when the Kalitta Air Careers Toyota dragster reached the finish line in just 3.786 seconds at 321.27 mph.
Eliminations: Langdon reached the semifinals for the second time in as many races. He defeated Antron Brown and Mike Salinas before losing to Steve Torrence in the semifinals. It was the second-consecutive race at which all three Kalitta Motorsports teams reached at least the semifinals.
Unofficial Point Standings: Langdon leaves Seattle in 11th place in the NHRA Top Fuel point standings. He trails 10th-place Clay Millican by 24 points and leads 12th-place Tony Schumacher by 91 points.
Langdon on Seattle: “It was a good day for the Kalitta Air Careers Toyota team. We had a middle of the pack car in qualifying, and we were able to navigate the warm track pretty well. We made a couple of good runs today; they were good, conservative runs down the track. That’s two semifinals in a row for this Kalitta Air Careers team, and that’s good for points. Hopefully we can continue this trend and get back in the top 10 for Kalitta Air, Revchem and Toyota. I think we’re close; we just need a little bit more, and we’ll be right there.”

Finals Broadcast Replay: 8-11 p.m. Wednesday, July 26 on FS1
Next Race: Team Kalitta will be back in action July 28-30, 2023 at the Denso NHRA Sonoma Nationals in Sonoma, Calif. For additional information, please visit www.nhra.com. For additional information on Kalitta Motorsports, please visit
www.teamkalitta.com

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back