Don't you just love parking lots? (1 Viewer)

Ray,

You're talking about different coconuts. The one that I use for the "ATTENTION IN THE PITS" call is just a hollowed out half of one. The extra half I carry for a spare just in case I should ever lose a half a 'nut. If you think about it you will realize that it wouldn't reverb like it does with a hole in it for the string. The one that I use for long distance communication is cut in two with the string. That's what we'll use for the experiment. I can see where you may have become confused, but I’m a professional, and in my business it’s very important not to get your ‘nuts mixed up.

Alan
I got nothin for that Alan, I gotta go clean the energy drink out of my nose now and get back to "sanding"... :D email me pics and directions on making this sound system... sounds like it may be the one ESPN2 has been using for years... :eek: Sorry to hear about your nutz... :D Feel better soon Bro!! :p

Why doesn't ESPN2 broadcast the "Ray and Alan" show in place of the race on Sunday? Now, that would be a hoot!

You guys both crack me up. After a rather "less than perfect" week, you have me swallowing my dip here.

Sorry J.C., seems the needle point and quilting championship matches have already been scheduled in place of Bristol... :rolleyes: Who knew they were a sport and had such a following... :eek:

Alan is doing the announcing at the local pole bar in Tucson along with the trying to place a 20 in the zone game... :D

And Martin has me finishing the wet block sanding of my rig, which started out as a fantastic idea, but has lost a bunch of it's go getterness in the past week... And I'm really bushed... Who knew a dually had so much surface area?? If I find the SOB who did, and not tell me that little tid-bit before I started, I swear I'll drive the 30 minutes each way and kick that mother right in the BEEP!! :D

Sorry about your week J.C.
Never had one of those myself, but I hear they can be a real bitch... LOL Remember, only one shot at this life... Have as much fun at someone elses expense as possible...

Last edited:
Suzie Q's right... both you and AR are nuts... and geez boss, if ya asked I would have told ya color sanding and hand rubbin' out a crewcab dually would take a couple of months... Bring back nitrocellulose lacquer... P.B.R. and a little dishsoap was great color sanding... the beer really helped reflow the color coats back in the days when 600 grit was as fine as you could get...

now....
who forgot to put the lime in the coconuts... it makes the echo for the "Attention in the Pits" reverberate all the way to my fillings...

O.K. Karl, first off I'm happy to see you are still breathing... :D Your name has not been on the front page in weeks since I started this little "project"...

I am using 1500 and going back with 2000, got the 2 drops of Dawn in ALL of my spray bottles and have been at this for almost 3 freakin weeks... :eek:

I would LOVE to be using 600 right about now... :rolleyes:
But the 1500 makes it as smooth as my ex's as I was saying, it is more work than I ever imagined, and as far as hand waxing... I DONT TINK SO!! That's what killed Mr. Miaggi, the whole wax on, wax off thingy... He was not talking about a dually, that much I can tell you...

The foam pads on an orbital brings the shine back quicker then it took me to type this... They have new juices that do an amazing job if rubbed in the correct fashion... Shocked you would be Karl, SHOCKED I tell you...

And BTW- you know you are the only man for me Karl... Alan is just playing with my emotions...
We started and finished?? our run at the bigtime together...
Sort of like McClelland & Evans, Keeling & Clayton, Warren-Coburn & Miller, Lewis & Clark, those types... Pioneers

It's just me and you old man...
Alan is just a way for me to get a 401K out of this deal... :D ssssshhhh
Then it's all mai-tai's and HOT single mama's Karl... Just like we always talked about...

Last edited:
Alan is doing the announcing at the local pole bar in Tucson along with the trying to place a 20 in the zone game... :D

And Martin has me finishing the wet block sanding of my rig, which started out as a fantastic idea, but has lost a bunch of it's go getterness in the past week...

Ray... Who do you think is doing all the color work for Alan when he's workin the pole clubs??;)... I have to get my skills up workin with Alan so I can come back here and be talented enough to give you SH!T,Bunky!!

No need to get the clutch plates packed together with those beloved throttle hits..... I understand they were just testing something last minute before they loaded up to head down to Indy for testing. It certainly was not an "appearance" and not just to kill time. Being born & raised a Detroiter though.... I really wish people in the Motor City had a chance to see all the PowerADE Stars each year right there in Michigan at a top notch NHRA facility. It's a shame to have a legendary team like Kalitta right under thier noses.... who always has been in Detroit...yet fans have to drive to Chicago or Norwalk to see them in action.

I remember when I lived in Toledo, OH in around 1990. There was an article in the Detroit News about a new NHRA track being built at the 75 & 275 split north of Monroe, MI. And another time there was talk about a track being built at M.I.S. too bad neither came to life. IMO Milan sucks at least back when I raced at it. I haven’t been there since about 1977.

Chris,
If you were responding to my answer, I did not mean to insinuate that they were killing time.

I agree it would be wonderful if they were able to have a NHRA national event at a closer hometrack.

What's a "Pole Club?" Is that short for Polish-American club? I once worked a Bar-Mitzvah there………….

I’ll be at Church if anybody needs me…………

Alan

What's a "Pole Club?" Is that short for Polish-American club? I once worked a Bar-Mitzvah there………….

I’ll be at Church if anybody needs me…………

Alan
Here's the deal Alan...
I have seen that tool belt you wear with all those communication devices... :D You talk into the wrong coconut and you will find out rather quickly what pole dancing and being a member of that "Pole Club" actually means... :D

See ya in church tomorrow myself... :eek:

No Ken, that's not what I meant not at all!! Harry I hear ya.... Connie started out with my Dad & a few other high school hoodlums racing up at MCD, which was at Marine City Highway & Meldrum Road. Then there was Detroit Dragway at Sibley & Dix, and then Milan. Other than sissy-ass traffic light street racing racing down Woodward, Gratiot or 8 Mile Road..... believe it or not that was IT for car freaks in Detroit. I still ask Connie every year when he's gonna buy some land down river and build a super track that would put every other track in the country to shame..... he has absolutley NO interest! I just think there's so much more market availability other than The NASCAR track in Jackson, Mi.

I'm not real sure I want to know any of you well enough for all this nut talk :)

At least I now understand the 9 point harness Ray was talking about last week.

And Ray the voices in my head said that I'm ok.

I've never heard of the 9 point dealy... :confused:
I'm hoping that was a typo and it was meant to be a seven... What else could those two extra straps be for?? :eek:

The voices you hear P are wrong you sick bah stahd with that joke you emailed me and I sent to everyone that I know... :D

I'm to tired to mess with you tonight, but tomorrow is another day... ;) So be prepared, and go work on your Chinese... LOL Sum Ting Wong??

Geez, I'm wiped...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back