Don't you just love parking lots? (1 Viewer)

I WANT MORE!! :D

And also wanted to find out after the throttle slap, who left their car alarm on... :D :eek:

Out back of their race shop.

I need to walk outside more often, I work on the other side of town from there, maybe I'll get lucky and hear it. I may need help though they say that if you hold a seashell up to your ear you can hear the ocean. What would I need...an empty oil can?

The Pro Mods are attending a few cars shows in parking lots around here and firing them up for the crowds enjoyment.
Seems anything with a big blower and lots of fumes is a fan magnet ! LOL
Even a huge nitrous motor firing up does the trick.

I need to walk outside more often, I work on the other side of town from there, maybe I'll get lucky and hear it. I may need help though they say that if you hold a seashell up to your ear you can hear the ocean. What would I need...an empty oil can?
P with that empty oil can you carry above your shoulders everyday, I would think you would be able to hear the gnats farting at my house... :D Try a glass on the wall... OR, climb in that vaccum cleaner you drive and put one of those 10 minute breaks you get to good use... :rolleyes:

BTW- Anyone who uses a cell phone to call their friends and think they are impressing someone by holding it up thinking that said friend can hear the cackle of a Nitro car... :rolleyes: Call your home phone and leave yourself a message... It sounds like running water... :mad:

Back to work!!
Nothing to see here...

P with that empty oil can you carry above your shoulders everyday, I would think you would be able to hear the gnats farting at my house... :D Try a glass on the wall... OR, climb in that vaccum cleaner you drive and put one of those 10 minute breaks you get to good use... :rolleyes:

BTW- Anyone who uses a cell phone to call their friends and think they are impressing someone by holding it up thinking that said friend can hear the cackle of a Nitro car... :rolleyes: Call your home phone and leave yourself a message... It sounds like running water... :mad:

Back to work!!
Nothing to see here...

I've noticed that on the video hosting sites. Most audio of nitro warmups and runs sound like crap. Some sound like you're there. I used to call a friend in England just before making a bracket dragster pass, then clip the phone on at the top of my firesuit. They couldn't make out anything.

Just don't get your greasy head on the upholstery in my Merc. I'll kick your ass out!

BTW- Anyone who uses a cell phone to call their friends and think they are impressing someone by holding it up thinking that said friend can hear the cackle of a Nitro car... :rolleyes: Call your home phone and leave yourself a message... It sounds like running water... :

True, Ray, I've tried this, wondering what it sounds like, and you're right, you don't hear much cackle. Also, why the heck does one even bother holding the phone up for their buddy to hear? What, do you think this is going to let them hear it better than if you just held the phone normally as if you were talking to them? C'mon, it's a bazillion decibels (major exaggeration I know). It doesn't matter where you hold the f-ing phone, they're not going to hear it any better or worse.

Back to work!!
Nothing to see here...

yeah cuz if they were a real friend they'd be standing there next to you to hear it them damn selves

Come on Mark, you know you held the phone up as well... :D Human Nature- unexplainable, must go back to the coconut and a string days... :D Can you hear me?? How about now?? now??

I really think it is a bazillion decibels BTW- :D
Alls I know is I like it, and there is always a happy ending to that song... :p

Loved the Merc quote... poor PJ

Hey Ray,

Next time I see you at the track, let's try that coconut and string thing, You hold it right next to the header and I'll listen from the other side of the pit. I bet it works,

Alan

Hey Ray,

Next time I see you at the track, let's try that coconut and string thing, You hold it right next to the header and I'll listen from the other side of the pit. I bet it works,

Alan
Alan
I'll be at the very far end at Sonoma past the first turn off where the bleachers are, taking pics of chutes out and the occasional rolling fireball, and where nobody else goes or knows about until now... :rolleyes: Plus when my nards start to freeze, and sis' (rings) start to icesicle up, the run to the car is a shorter distance AND there are no heads in any of MY shots, which I spend a fortune mailing people the bald spot on the back of their head BTW... I'll go rig up a couple of nuts and you have one of the Safety Safari guys run the string for us... Those silly track workers who tell everyone they have to turn around and walk a half mile the other direction to get back to where sis and I are would be of no help... Donie would do it though... :cool: See you in a few months... :D I'll even fill the coconut with some cider fer ya... ;) Then I can hear what Scelzi sez...

Don't you do the coconut thing when you say...

ATTENTION IN THE PITS!!

Last edited:
Alan
I'll be at the very far end at Sonoma past the first turn off where the bleachers are, taking pics of chutes out and the occasional rolling fireball, and where nobody else goes or knows about until now... :rolleyes: Plus when my nards start to freeze, and sis' (rings) start to icesicle up, the run to the car is a shorter distance AND there are no heads in any of MY shots, which I spend a fortune mailing people the bald spot on the back of their head BTW... I'll go rig up a couple of nuts and you have one of the Safety Safari guys run the string for us... Those silly track workers who tell everyone they have to turn around and walk a half mile the other direction to get back to where sis and I are would be of no help... Donie would do it though... :cool: See you in a few months... I'll even fill the coconut with some cider fer ya... ;) Then I can hear what Scelzi sez...

Don't you do the coconut thing when you say...

ATTENTION IN THE PITS!!

How many voices are in that head of yours??? I thought I was nuts :D

How many voices are in that head of yours??? I thought I was nuts
O.K. This is the deal... ALL the "Doctors" say 3... :eek: I say 4, plus Martin bitching at me about "sanding"... That needle seems to either be stuck, or on repeat, which is 5... :rolleyes: But there is untapped territory yet to be examined, so your guess is as good as mine... :D

And YOU seem to be a bit outside the batters box yourself there Bunky... :p

Last edited:
Ray,

You're talking about different coconuts. The one that I use for the "ATTENTION IN THE PITS" call is just a hollowed out half of one. The extra half I carry for a spare just in case I should ever lose a half a 'nut. If you think about it you will realize that it wouldn't reverb like it does with a hole in it for the string. The one that I use for long distance communication is cut in two with the string. That's what we'll use for the experiment. I can see where you may have become confused, but I’m a professional, and in my business it’s very important not to get your ‘nuts mixed up.

Alan

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back