Don Schumacher Racing Pre-Race Report: Pomona 1 (1 Viewer)

DSR logo.jpg

Pomona 1 Pre-Race Report
NHRA Winternationals

Event 1 of 22
Auto Club Raceway at Pomona
Pomona, Calif.
February 18-20, 2022

TONY SCHUMACHER Driver of the Maynard Family Racing Top Fuel Dragster

Tony 4.jpg

Pomona 1 (Winternationals) Event Highlights:
Two-time event winner (2004, 2008)
Four-time No. 1 qualifier (2005, 2006, 2007, 2013)
Two-time runner-up (2013, 2018)
Auto Club Raceway at Pomona Highlights:
Six-time event winner
10-time No. 1 qualifier
Seven-time runner-up
Career Statistics:
512 races; 85 event wins; 88 No. 1 qualifiers
Noteworthy:
Schumacher will make his highly-anticipated return to NHRA competition at the 2022 Winternationals, kicking off his first full season since 2018
An eight-time NHRA Top Fuel world champion, Schumacher will begin his campaign for a ninth series title and DSR’s 20th when the season commences this weekend
The last time Schumacher competed in Pomona (November 2018) he raced to a runner-up finishTied with Don Garlits and Doug Kalitta for the most Top Fuel wins (six) at Pomona:

Spring: 2004, 2008
Fall: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
Leads the Top Fuel class in number of No. 1 qualifiers (10) at Pomona:
Spring: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2013
Fall: 2003, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
Team patriarch and Funny Car pioneer Don Schumacher won the 1973 event
Quotable:
“I’m very excited to be back running a full season with my sights set on a ninth championship. I’m looking forward to kicking off my first full season since 2018 after what I would say was a successful test session in Phoenix. It was great to get to spend time with my team, and I look forward to watching them grow into champions. We made 11 runs overall, all planned shutoffs, and saw some great 60-foot numbers. When Todd (Okuhara) smiles, you know it’s all good.”

About Don Schumacher Racing
Established in 1998, Don Schumacher Racing (DSR) has grown to become the winningest organization in NHRA Drag Racing history, and further cemented its position as one of motorsports’ elite teams when it surpassed the ‘350 wins’ milestone during the 2020 season. DSR owns 19 world championships in three different NHRA categories, and including hall-of-fame team owner Don Schumacher’s five NHRA Funny Car triumphs from the 1970s, DSR has been successful in capturing 366 national event victories overall.
Headquartered in Brownsburg, Indiana, DSR campaigns the Maynard Family/Scag Power Equipment Top Fuel dragster in the NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series with fan-favorite Tony Schumacher at the helm. As an eight-time world champion and 85-time NHRA national event winner, Schumacher is the most decorated Top Fuel driver of all time.
DSR also campaigns three entries in the Factory Stock Showdown Series. The trio of DSR Dodge Drag Paks is piloted by former Pro Stock racer Mark Pawuk, David Davies, who made his NHRA debut with DSR in 2021, and Warren Walcher, who is set to compete in his first full FSS season in 2022.
For more information, visit shoeracing.com, or Follow Us @shoeracing on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back