Dominating weekend (1 Viewer)

Just Paul

Nitro Member
Prock Rocket was on a mission this weekend.

3.98 off the trailer
3.96 record Q2
Spent Saturday trying to rotate the earth.

All 4 runs on Sunday would have been in the 3's if John had been in shallow, The final would have been a .95.

#1 Qualifier
Set ET Record (twice)
Set MPH record
Won the Event

I can't remember any weekend in a long time, if ever, that all those stats were put up.

Awesome job Jimmy Prock, the crew guys, and John.

It has definitely been a while but Dallas 1993,Fall Topeka 1994 (but John didn't win), and Summer Topeka 1996 come to mind. Not sure about the speed records, but he killed the ET record a few times in those events.

Summer Topeka 96 was a good weekend for John Ran 4.89 (first sub 4.90) and ran in the 4's all 8 runs.

I'm amazed he still didn't go quicker than 3.964, 3.966 then 3.965? How much Longer can Raceway Park & Ron Capps stay top dog?

Impressive performance for Prock. After seeing this weekend's performance if we get the right conditions I see the FC record going as low as a .93. Capps ran that .96 almost 2 years ago and the performance on average for the class has improved by at least 3 hundredths since then.

Awesome performance by Force and Prock. However, I don't think hugging Hagan afterwards went over very well with Matt. YIKES!!!

And to think they made the crew chief swap to step up the performance on Robert's car......IRONY!!!

IMO john's tuneup is the combined efforts of neff & prock....aaa car was struggling when the cc's switched.
you can't tell me neff's tuneup in john's car was completely abandoned; and now the aaa car is performing
again too.
john's numbers were amazing.

Last edited:
Crazy good numbers. I just sat there in the grandstands shaking my head. Just when I think the rest of the field has caught up and has a chance.... wrong! 3.90's are the norm now.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back