Does it bother anyone else? (1 Viewer)

farmje

Nitro Member
I thought it was so cool to see yesterday on the NHRA homepage the story about Hot Rod Fuller and David Baca teaming up to save lives. The link is HERE for those of you that didn't see it.

But last night as I logged onto the NHRA website, it was basically bumped down towards the bottom, and come to think of it, it was never the full page headline...the Whit/Beckman/DSR thing was.

As a point of clarification, I thouroughly enjoy reading NHRA's website and don't mean to be critical, but I would think that an article like this deserves to stay on the front page for awhile. Not because of Baca and Fuller but because of the cause that they are fighting for. What a touching story.

Anyone else?

I agree 100%. This is the type of thing the NHRA PR people should be feeding to the main stream media. It would do wonders for the sport.

I totally agree. BUT in today's age people want to see
the latest rumors, changes, and dirt that they can dig up.

I think the features are posted in the order received.
Whether this (or any) subject deserves a "sticky" or not would probably cause more consternation...

I think the features are posted in the order received.
Whether this (or any) subject deserves a "sticky" or not would probably cause more consternation...

Not necessarily true, Jim. When I went to the NHRA homepage this morning, the Beckman/Bazemore/DSR story was still at the top at the Erica Enders (posted today, as opposed to yesterday) was right below it.

Baca and Fuller aren't doing it because they want recognition. They are just a few guys who have been there and want to help save some lives. I think that is the top of my priority list as a fan. There will always be time for rumors. I'd rather help save some lives.

Folks, I have a list of things I don't like concerning the NHRA. But this isn't one of them. They have been promoting this all summer long.

Are you guys saying this is the first you have heard of this? Or you just don't like where the article was posted on the NHRA page?

You know what, if the NHRA left the article up all week as the main subject, there would be people whining and crying that Baca and Hot Rod were getting too much ink. The NHRA is damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Just an FYI on how the stories work on NHRA.com. The top story on the page is refered to as the "A" story. It's usually a feature story, often written by Rob Gieger, or some big time news. The A story is replaced every 2-3 days in general. Below the A are listed the newest "B" stories. Those stories are usually not quite as big as the A story. They are generally posted as they are written and are listed in chronological order. When the A story is replaced, the previous A is changed in to a B story and inserted in the listing where ever it falls in the order. The process is basically automated and controlled by the content management system.

Incidently, an e-mail to Jade Davidson or Phil Burgess may get the story bumped up a little. It's entirely possible they didn't notice that it dropped so fast. Last couple of days just happened to be busy story days.

Brent's exactly right. Afterall, he's the guy that set the system up.

The Baca/Fuller story was submitted by a PR person. I thought it was cool so I posted it as a B story. Obviously, an 18-year veteran the stature of Bazemore being cast away by Shoe deserves the top billing in the A position, as does the person who is replacing him. Sometimes the top B story lasts longer than other times. It all depends on how much news is being generated at any given time. For instance, Kenny Bernstein's announcement that he was returning to Funny Car didn't last a full day on the main page because there were so many announcements coming after his. It isn't that his story is less important, it's just the way it went down.

"A" stories are rotated every two days or less. The best thing you can do to help Baca and Fuller is contact their sponsors and let them know you appreciate what they do for the community. That helps them more than anything else by a long shot. Trust me!

Rob Geiger

I agree 100%. This is the type of thing the NHRA PR people should be feeding to the main stream media. It would do wonders for the sport.

There's nothing to stop us from feeding it to the main stream media. I've done it several times. If everyone sent it to their local papers, the news would reach a lot of people. And who knows what could come of that?

There's nothing to stop us from feeding it to the main stream media. I've done it several times. If everyone sent it to their local papers, the news would reach a lot of people. And who knows what could come of that?
It's actually pretty easy to get on a PR list and get everything a team sends out. It wouldn't be much effort to forward that stuff to your local paper on the chance that they might use it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back