Dixon vs. Schumacher (1 Viewer)

flapjack

Staff member
Nitro Member
OK, I am for Dixon. Just flat out like the guy. Has more to do with that
than he has been kicking butt this year.

Anyway, one thing I noticed at the races I have gone to this year is that
Schumacher has more attention in the pits. Why? Is this a case of people
liking a known, multiple winner?

OK, I am for Dixon. Just flat out like the guy. Has more to do with that
than he has been kicking butt this year.

Anyway, one thing I noticed at the races I have gone to this year is that
Schumacher has more attention in the pits. Why? Is this a case of people
liking a known, multiple winner?

Tony has dominated the past 6 years prior and usually when a team wins like that it will attract the majority of fans as people like to root for winners. Look at Force's fan base in the late 80's vs. the late 90's. People like winners.

If you look at the two as promoters of the sport, hats off to the Shoe,straight up supports the troops( of which my daughter is ARMY )not sure if he ever served but the hair is up to spec. Dixon I've known for years, great driver and historian of the sport. But to GQ and no humillity for others.

Can't agree with you on the analysis of Dixon, Ed. I think he's always come across to me as a down to earth guy that often gives credit to the racer in the other lane. That's what I see anyway. The best thing for me though is both guys are very family oriented with kids and wives showing up in the shutdown area quite often and it isn't one of those shuffle in the family corporate photo moments either. Simply put, I like em both...I just lean a little more the Dixon direction.

Tony has never been in the Armend Forces officially. He did go to Military School in his much younger years. I remember his mom telling me the stories. If I remeber correctly Tony had his hair cut (buzzed) after losing in round one in Seattle in 2000. I think Gary Scelzi actually did it. I remeber seeing it done on one of the NHRA Shows. I am almost certain it was a preclude to what was about to happen. He won the next race in Braindered, MN. That was his last race with EXIDE Batteries as his primary sponsorship. Then he debuted with the US ARMY at Indy.

Dude, please learn the english language..jeeze...

The Dixon/Schumacher rivalry has become quite a spectacle this year. Every time those two line up, you know it's big and a lot is on the line.

Tony is seeing what it was like for all those teams that had to face him along with Alan Johnson tuning for him. Not as much fun this time around, though.

Can't agree with you on the analysis of Dixon, Ed. I think he's always come across to me as a down to earth guy that often gives credit to the racer in the other lane. That's what I see anyway. The best thing for me though is both guys are very family oriented with kids and wives showing up in the shutdown area quite often and it isn't one of those shuffle in the family corporate photo moments either.

I agree with this post. I think Larry does look GQ, but thats another reason I like him. He was totally rocking the giant hair and sideburns in his early career, its a bit tamer right now. But as I remember, the whole Miller Lite crew had that look... they were the coolest looking bunch of guys out there.

On a side note, Larry looks way thinner then he did earlier in his career. Wonder if thats part of the job now to keep your weight down - it is an advantage.

But I am a Schumacher fan (between the two). His constant support for the Army, and the fact that he is ALWAYS positive (not that Larry isn't). Mostly though, I'm just not that big of an Al-Anabi fan. Something just doesn't sit right with me - I got the impression the Shiek went out and bought up the best of the best (in Yankee's or Cowboy's fashon) and I just HATE the Cowboys and Yankees. But, I guess if he's gonna spend money glad its on the NHRA.

larry's not gq - he's a so-cal boy :cool:...........nough said.
IMO he measures his words quite well

Let's be clear, both of them care about how they look. "Not that there's anything wrong with that." :)

My support is for Dixon, only because Tony always feels so cold. Even when they try to show the soft side, if comes off chilly. Larry seems human, Tony could make a living playing the android in a sci-fi show.

I'm also pro-Al Anabi, at least for a while here. I share Nick's hatred of "buying a championship" (and yes, the Yankees do s**k), but I love to see new blood in the sport, and new blood willing to spend enough to be competitive. And it sure is hard to hate Alan Johnson.

I'm also pro-Al Anabi, at least for a while here. I share Nick's hatred of "buying a championship" (and yes, the Yankees do s**k), but I love to see new blood in the sport, and new blood willing to spend enough to be competitive. And it sure is hard to hate Alan Johnson.

Think about it folks. What's the difference from a company, say 3M, coming in, "buying a championship" by supporting a winning T/F team, and the sheik? The difference is that it's a company instead of an individual . That's about it. The man's willing to use his money for something he obviously loves. I see nothing bad here.

A year or so ago, they had a special on one of the races that showed Sr and Jr sitting together, watching some film of Sr's career. The apple sure didn't fall far from the tree, I'm telling ya. If there wasn't a generation separating them, You might think they were twin brothers. Same huge toothy smile, everything.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back