Dive - Dive - Dive !!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Team Team Team ........ Hope Conrad uses his other two cars to advance Grubie, deep into the final 8.

Dennis,
Grubnic must win 1st round against Rit Pustari. Melanie is the one who is running her teammate 1st round. If Grubnic wins, then he would meet Melanie in the 2nd round. Grubnic would need to win against Melanie to clinch the #8 spot. Grubnic would not meet any Kalitta car until the finals.

Go Grubby and Crew!!!!!!

Kudo's go out to Melanie's team for running a straight up race!

Good Luck to Grubnic and Crew 2nd round!

Sorry to see Mel out, but a ton of respect should be given to the integrity of that team for actually racing today. I hope the teams in the Countdown will have the same.

Yeah, I know.... but both my picks in TF are out....
Well I aint doing any better pop- :eek:
I better go sand before my blood pressure stops!! :mad:

The nephew starts school wed. and I got 2 more weeks worth of work- :p

Have fun- :)

btw- I picked Anderson & Line GREAT!!

Dennis,
Grubnic must win 1st round against Rit Pustari. Melanie is the one who is running her teammate 1st round. If Grubnic wins, then he would meet Melanie in the 2nd round. Grubnic would need to win against Melanie to clinch the #8 spot. Grubnic would not meet any Kalitta car until the finals.

Go Grubby and Crew!!!!!!

I mean in the up coming weeks, when its possible for a Kalitta car to help Grubie, then perhaps diving will push him along.

I mean in the up coming weeks, when its possible for a Kalitta car to help Grubie, then perhaps diving will push him along.

Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you were talking about today. I have to wait for Grubnic to clinch a spot before I can get to the upcoming races, but when/if he clinches (Cory Mac/Herbert) then I am with you on moving up in the 8. Sorry jinxing will not allow me to think ahead more than the round at hand.

Good luck Grubnic and Crew!

Drag Racing becoming a business isn't a "problem", it's a necessity. Nothing happens in business without revenue...nothing. Every one of us on this board has thought or posted something regarding NHRA's growth...i.e...better TV coverage, better payouts, etc. Those things don't happen without revenue. If you've ever owned your own business you know that nothing happens without the 'business' end in place first...revenue.

I'll admit that the first 23 years of my Radio career I didn't fully recognize the need for revenue. I'd always worked for someone else and expected them to find the funds necessary to add services and grow the company. As a station owner...it's now everything I think about.

The bottom line is that this scenario is in place. Let's just watch it and learn from it. It may be a huge success or it may be a tremendous failure. Let's just sit back and see how this works out.

John, you couldn't be more right. Until you are the one paying the bills
and signing the checks; even if you're a manager and think you
have a grasp on the whole picture; you'll never know the real deal
until you are in the driver's seat.
I'm with you, let's watch this play out. I mite be all wrong too, the "C"
mite be a flop, but rite now I don't think so.
Yes, i'll admit, it's kind of gimicy (sp?), but if NHRA is competing for fans
with other sports and motorsports, it's the fans $$ that pays the bills.
I would think most owners/racers would rather put up with a few gimics
to try to advance, than to remain status quo and stagnate
the business.

With the first round of TF done, what happens to the points race if the rest of the race is rained out ?

this why i am really pulling for Jim Head to win it....if he wins the championship this weekend i have a feeling the hire ups will be very unhappy and maybe that can be enough to enact some kind of change!!!!.....but they will prolly spin it into how its so great that they made it so the little guy has a better chance to win it all and how this creation has revolutionized the sport....i have kept quiet about this countdown crap....trying to be willing to give it a chance.......but i now that it is upon us, i dunno.....maybe PJ is rubbing off on me....its starting to seem to me that we the fans are gonna lose out on good racing and nobody wants that!!!

Amen Mike.

John, you couldn't be more right. Until you are the one paying the bills
and signing the checks; even if you're a manager and think you
have a grasp on the whole picture; you'll never know the real deal
until you are in the driver's seat.
I'm with you, let's watch this play out. I mite be all wrong too, the "C"
mite be a flop, but rite now I don't think so.
Yes, i'll admit, it's kind of gimicy (sp?), but if NHRA is competing for fans
with other sports and motorsports, it's the fans $$ that pays the bills.
I would think most owners/racers would rather put up with a few gimics
to try to advance, than to remain status quo and stagnate
the business.

Thanks Mike! By mid-November we'll have all the answers...:rolleyes:

I would think most owners/racers would rather put up with a few gimicsto try to advance, than to remain status quo and stagnate the business.

I would HOPE most of the owners/racers just want to win, not play games.

However if that is what drag racing comes to, it's not of much interest to me anymore.

Just call me old school.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back