Div 7 winners photos from Tucson (1 Viewer)

Cliff

Nitro Member
https://www.dragracecentral.com/DRCStory.asp?ID=348709&NewHash=LODRS-SUMMIT#indextop

One of the names mentioned in T/D was Cody Webber. I though, I know that name. His dad Bill Webber was a heavy hitter in the old S/E class, 7.90 index, 1990's. His dad had a blown small Chevy in a back motor car. The family is out of Kingman, Ariz, which is NW part of the state. That was a good class, kind of a forerunner of T/D and T/S (had some door cars that ran it too).

https://www.dragracecentral.com/DRCStory.asp?ID=348709&NewHash=LODRS-SUMMIT#indextop

One of the names mentioned in T/D was Cody Webber. I though, I know that name. His dad Bill Webber was a heavy hitter in the old S/E class, 7.90 index, 1990's. His dad had a blown small Chevy in a back motor car. The family is out of Kingman, Ariz, which is NW part of the state. That was a good class, kind of a forerunner of T/D and T/S (had some door cars that ran it too).
Cliff, that was a cool class. When I lived out there in the mid ‘90s, I helped a buddy, Vito Adragna a couple times out at the old Speedworld track. Also helped his brother Danny with his TAD at a points meet at Firebird. I still recognize some of the names from that old 7.90 deal in current TD events.

Hi Nunz. Boy do I miss Speedworld. Used to go there for all kinds of races. Remember the Adragnas. One of few AZ T/AD at the time. Denny Hills from east valley area in Phx used to run S/E, with the same car he has now. He is active in T/D. There are some Calif racers now in T/D who ran S/E. I always look for their names on Q lists. Korbel wineries outta Calif ran a 1961 Chevy and also a '62 Chevy in S/E. It was so cool to see a full size car run 7.90's. Used to root for them all the time. I think some of those racers are retired or got out of racing & some of them went to T/D and T/S. I guess that's why I like T/D and T/S so much, reminds me of S/E days. Oh, Mike Hilsabeck from Phoenix (now racing AA/FA) had an altered then that ran S/E. He was also active in CIFCA funny car class (7.50 index) & he won their championship a few times. That was a great class to watch as well. So how come everything I remember is 25 years ago (or 50 years ago if I wanna go waaaaay back there) ? :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back