DIRECTV (1 Viewer)

FABMAN

Nitro Member
I subscribe to Directv for Satellite service and received my statement yesterday. My service increased from $84 to $138 a month for same service. After finally reaching someone in the United States i found that they increased prices on January 28th and stopped all discounts for all plans until March. From the information i recieved Satellite TV is going up to level that I will not be able to afford.
I would like to hear if anyone else has had this happen and what are the alternatives or do i just bite the bullet and pay their price.

Yes mine went way up too. I'll probably get rid of it or go to the lowest package. There is too much to stream cheap and still waste $140 or more a month with these weasels. The packages anger me because they are of course structured so there is always something you want in the next level up. I may call and try to get a better rate but I won't agree to two years like last time. I thought the deal I got was for two years and it was only one. The rates went way up for the second year. These companies should have went to ala carte years ago. Between cell phone, tv, and insurance I just cringe when thinking of how much go to these big companies every month.

Last edited:
Ever since DirecTV was bought out by the "Death Star" I had a feeling they were going to raise prices and get rid of discounts.

Makes me wonder how long am I going to be able to continue getting free Sunday Ticket. Every year they charge me, I call up and bitch about brand new customers getting it for free, I request to go to retention where I threaten to cancel and they waive the cost.

Ever since DirecTV was bought out by the "Death Star" I had a feeling they were going to raise prices and get rid of discounts.

Makes me wonder how long am I going to be able to continue getting free Sunday Ticket. Every year they charge me, I call up and bitch about brand new customers getting it for free, I request to go to retention where I threaten to cancel and they waive the cost.
I told them that I would be forced to leave and the gal ask me to wait till March and there may be some discounts so I told her okay so we'll see what happens.

Could one of the maters set me straight on hows the best way to hook up my laptop to TV so I can stream from sites like History, Fox, etc. Theres got to be a better alternative than Satellite. I don't mind watching after shows have been run since I DVR about everthing I want to watch anyway.

I watch through Apple TV on my iPad. There are cables you can get to hook your laptop. I use to do it that way. Go to Best Buy and they will point you in the right direction.

am a dish customer paying $75/mo for 'america's top 120', plus $10 extra/mo for a small pkg. of movie channels.
have been on mater here adamant about not giving into next pkg. up to attain FSN1/nhra, but did talk to dish recently and was
told with all taxes included and regular base rate that i can go to the next '200 channel' pkg. for $85/mo. it's only $10 more;
i HATE to pay it, but unfortunately the needle has been in too deep my whole life and HATE not having the nhra on my tv.
plus the $10 additional will give me science channel, history2, and other educational/informative channels that will be watched. haven't switched yet.

i'm with you michael burke, how much we all pay to these conglomerates and governments to have a basic life.
live in our homes, drive our cars, be entertained, and communicate. when most of us were born
tv was free and the phone on the table or wall was very cheap.....guess we can only hope that
the recent drop in gas prices will stabilize at or below $2/gl

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back