Densham may be back by Vegas (1 Viewer)

Gary's post on Facebook :I have another update, and it's more positive yet, But first, I need to go back and explain what happened and what effect it has had on me.
To be here writing this--to walk away without a scratch-- is unbelievable.. That is quite a testimony to the safety rules of NHRA and to the wonderful people of the Safety Safari, not to mention the safety equipment of DJ Safety and a well-built car by Grant Downing. I cannot thank all of you enough.
After the accident, I thought my drag racing career was done. But then, my crew tried to refuse their pay, saying put it back into a car. Fans at the track came up with money, in hopes I could return.I got calls from John Force, Don Shumacher, Jim Head, the Worshams, Chris Bennett (who is just trying to get a big show car together), and more. My wife showed me what thousands of fans wrote on Facebook, concerned for my safety and hoping I would be able to continue racing. With all that support, I knew there was no way that I could quit.
With help from the racing community and especially John Force Racing (I guess I will be a Ford guy now), we will be doing our darnedest to be at Vegas. Our sponsors--John Lawson of Lawson Rock and Oil, Charlie Abdouch of Midwest Factory Finishes, and Chris at Far West Freighters--have all stood behind us and said they would help us get there. Some of my crew are taking a week of vacation time to get the car ready.
And through all this, we may be announcing another great partner. From the lowest of the low to the highest of high, I am so blessed. I am more excited about racing than I have been in years. This racing community is awesome. I thank you from the bottom of my heart

Drag racing is filled with "good guys" but Gary is a cut above the rest. I think it is great that so many people are so willing to help a great guy.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back