Dear Mr Elliott (1 Viewer)

Cliff

Nitro Member
The following letter to the editor is from Drag Racing News & Views, Oct 1982.

Dear Mr Elliott,
Just a quick note with my new subscription. As a 20 + year drag racer, I believe your magazine is excellent!
One minor correction, in your issue V3-N4 July - Bill Maropulos defeated STEVE Moeller. As someone once said,
call me anything but spell my name right! Steve Moeller and Walt Whitley have worked extremely hard this year
on their new B/ED. After 5 years in Comp, things are finally looking up. Keep up the quality and great success to you.

Dave Gerard, Norwalk, Calif

Editors' reply:
Thanks for the nice letter and the sharp eyes. Sometimes the info we get isn't correct - such was the case of "Ron" - actually Steve Moeller.
Apologies to everyone involved.
Phil Elliott

Dear Mr Elliott,
Just a quick note with my new subscription. As a 20 + year drag racer, I believe your magazine is excellent!
One minor correction, in your issue V3-N4 July - Bill Maropulos defeated STEVE Moeller. As someone once said,
call me anything but spell my name right! Steve Moeller and Walt Whitley have worked extremely hard this year
on their new B/ED. After 5 years in Comp, things are finally looking up. Keep up the quality and great success to you.

Editors' reply:
Thanks for the nice letter and the sharp eyes. Sometimes the info we get isn't correct - such was the case of "Ron" - actually Steve Moeller.
Phil Elliott
Wow, Phil Elliott's Drag Racing News And Views, that brings back some memories. One of the best magazines ever, along with Jon Ashers very short lived tome (2 issues?)

Dear Mr Elliott,

Editors' reply:
Phil Elliott
Cliff this is so cool I have every issue of Drag Racing News & Views. What a great Northwest drag rag!
It wasn't around very long 3 or 4 years, but Flyin' Phil did a outstanding job with the magazine.
I haven't seen Phil in years. I last thing I new about Phil he had bought a old 69 Nova body AA/FC less engine.
The body and chassis needed alot of work, saw some pictures, after that heard nothing.
Man I miss the days when I ran to the mail box to get my latest issue of Drag Racing USA, Super Stock & Drag Illustrated
I see Harve just posted about Asher's short lived American Drag Racing magazine, I have the 2 issues
Man I love my magazines, they just don't make 'em like that anymore. Now I'm sad thanks alot Cliff. LOL

Look at what I just found Phil's funny car
These pictures are from a number of years ago
1628548196037.png

1628548283908.png

1628548302147.png

1628548324714.png

1628548350679.png

1628548401150.png

Last edited:
One more thing I saw Flyin' Phil drive a Jet Funny Car at Seattle. I believe it was 1982. He only drove it once.
But did a great job, nice flame show and burner pops

Cliff this is so cool I have every issue of Drag Racing News & Views. What a great Northwest drag rag!
It wasn't around very long 3 or 4 years, but Flyin' Phil did a outstanding job with the magazine.
I haven't seen Phil in years. I last thing I new about Phil he had bought a old 69 Nova body AA/FC less engine.
The body and chassis needed alot of work, saw some pictures, after that heard nothing.
Man I miss the days when I ran to the mail box to get my latest issue of Drag Racing USA, Super Stock & Drag Illustrated
I see Harve just posted about Asher's short lived American Drag Racing magazine, I have the 2 issues
Man I love my magazines, they just don't make 'em like that anymore. Now I'm sad thanks alot Cliff. LOL

View attachment 8481
View attachment 8482
View attachment 8483
View attachment 8484
View attachment 8485
View attachment 8486
where is John Asher?

View attachment 8481
View attachment 8482
View attachment 8483
View attachment 8484
View attachment 8485
View attachment 8486

I remember reading these articles. He never did get it running, cuz he had that disease, lackamoney. Wonder if he still has it?

Just as a side note, Steve Moeller and Walt Whitby, along with me [their "new partner" 😁] ran Top Dragster last weekend at Pomona. Tough weekend!

Nothing serious, just a lot of clean up!

Still out there plugging away! Three Ol' Guys still having fun!

Attachments

• 2021 July Winternationals - Backfire!.jpg
    2021 July Winternationals - Backfire!.jpg
    459.1 KB · Views: 49
OUCH! Well, if all it did was belch flames, that's better than cleaning off the top of the motor, or sending the scoop to the moon. The car looks really nice by the way. Hope you guys do well. How does that saying go, if ya can't win, it 'em know you were there. heh

Just as a side note, Steve Moeller and Walt Whitby, along with me [their "new partner" 😁] ran Top Dragster last weekend at Pomona. Tough weekend!

Nothing serious, just a lot of clean up!

Still out there plugging away! Three Ol' Guys still having fun!
Wow, I think that is awesome! Who's driving? Great looking car BTW.

Wow, I think that is awesome! Who's driving? Great looking car BTW.
The wrap on the car is by 702 Graphics in Las Vegas. Great guys to work with!

We ran our best 60 foot and tied our best 330 foot in E1, but Steve Moeller red lit first. Not his fault, as we were still trying to find out how much to add to the box after major launch improvements! Off to the Vegas Double next!

The wrap on the car is by 702 Graphics in Las Vegas. Great guys to work with!

Brennan is a GOOD dude. He was one of our drift drivers (and a pretty decent one at that) and his business took off forcing him to back burner driving. He will still come hang out at events and he has done a few sponsorships for us at VegasDrift and SouthWest Drift. Just a solid, solid dude.

Liked reading Flying Phil and Jon Asher's stuff. At Isky's party, I had a chance to chat with Terry "The Broom foot" Cook. When I walked up I said, "Is this The Broom foot?" and he got a big smile on his face. One had to be a reader of Drag World, or Dragsport Illustrated to remember that name.

I remember Terry Cook. Never remember him called the Broom Foot, but I liked the articles he wrote. You remember when Jon Asher drove a funny car (Brand X Mustang) and it caught on fire? That was a great story.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back