Dave Connolly (1 Viewer)

FABMAN

Nitro Member
If this is correct, then it's great seeing he has an opportunity to keep racing. It's a mystery to me why someone can't keep him in a full time ride in Pro Stock, don't know if he is bound by contract but Koretsky Nitro Fish would be a good spot for him. Just a thought for such a good driver.

3335 C/A Dave Connolly Bradenton FL '34 Chevrolet Chev 317 BARONE/BARTOZZI

335X SC Dave Connolly Bradenton FL '06 ********* Chev 565 CONNOLLY RACING

Last edited:
Dave lives in Florida and still races extensively in the sportsman and bracket classes. It only makes sense that he'd enter in the sportsman categories at the nearest national event to his home.

He's been driving Vinny's B/SR all year.

Edit: Not sure why the entry list has him listed as C/A. DRC has him in the B/SR in the first round notes.

Last edited:
If this is correct, then it's great seeing he has an opportunity to keep racing. It's a mystery to me why someone can't keep him in a full time ride in Pro Stock.

If WJ had let him drive his car the last two seasons, I believe Warren's car would have had at least one championship. if not two.

Wayne.

If this is correct, then it's great seeing he has an opportunity to keep racing. It's a mystery to me why someone can't keep him in a full time ride in Pro Stock, don't know if he is bound by contract but Koretsky Nitro Fish would be a good spot for him. Just a thought for such a good driver.

3335 C/A Dave Connolly Bradenton FL '34 Chevrolet Chev 317 BARONE/BARTOZZI

335X SC Dave Connolly Bradenton FL '06 ********* Chev 565 CONNOLLY RACING

I didn't think he grabbed enough grade points over the past 2 years seeing he has been focused on PS racing....how did he get in?

If WJ had let him drive his car the last two seasons, I believe Warren's car would have had at least one championship. if not two.

Wayne.

So, you're saying Warren should get his own "punk?" :D

I get the idea sometimes that even though certain car-owners/drivers claim they'd "Love to hand the wheel to a younger driver" (AKA Jim Head and Warren.) when push comes to shove, they stay in the seat because they see no one able to "do it better" then them.

I didn't think he grabbed enough grade points over the past 2 years seeing he has been focused on PS racing....how did he get in?

Dave has raced at multiple divisionals and nationals over the past years. He has never stopped sportsman racing completely and has even double entered on occasion while running Pro Stock. When he started off last year without a PS ride he did the same thing he is doing now as far as hitting the earlier races down south since he lives in Florida now. Even if he was running PS, if there is a race going on during an off week, it's not often that you will find him sitting at home and not at a track.

I dont think grading points matter too much when you are "somebody". Besides, just because he wasnt sportsman racing, he was still supporting the series and has for years. That should count for something.

He's been driving Vinny's B/SR all year.

Edit: Not sure why the entry list has him listed as C/A. DRC has him in the B/SR in the first round notes.
This is a team to be reckoned with ... Bertozzi (Last years D1 Comp champ) and Connolly (Credits speak for themselves) driving for Vinny Barone (Fields 2 of the baddest Comp cars in the land B/SR and a new D/ED)!!:D

The sportsman classes are full of great drivers. Unfortunantly, it takes more than just great reaction times and driving ability to snag a world-class ride.

I understand what your saying, but there is not many that can put it too drivers like Anderson,Johnson's and Johnson. He's just a natural fit for Pro Stock.

I get the idea sometimes that even though certain car-owners/drivers claim they'd "Love to hand the wheel to a younger driver" (AKA Jim Head and Warren.) when push comes to shove, they stay in the seat because they see no one able to "do it better" then them.

I'm sure they think that, but.................:rolleyes:

The sportsman classes are full of great drivers. Unfortunantly, it takes more than just great reaction times and driving ability to snag a world-class ride.

Wow! Does this sentence speak volumes..............;)

Sean D

The D/ED isn't new at all-Doug Engels raced it for a long time and Vinnie bought it from Doug last year at Indy-Doug said goodbye to the car by winning comp at Indy-Anthony raced it for the first time the following weekend at the Etown points race.
I knew that Dave. thanks. My point was about the structurre of the team.

The D/ED isn't new at all-Doug Engels raced it for a long time and Vinnie bought it from Doug last year at Indy-Doug said goodbye to the car by winning comp at Indy-Anthony raced it for the first time the following weekend at the Etown points race.

And before that it was owned but never raced by Garley and Randy Daniels.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back