Countdown Whining - can we put it to rest? (1 Viewer)

The only thing wrong with all this countdown talk IS the countdown itself, Without the countdown we could all talk about dragracing, but the NHRA wants everyone to talk about the countdown, and I think it sucks.

The biggest hater and noise maker is a moderator and you can't place him on ignore!

Someone tried to point this out once before, I went back and showed how many post vs countdown post I had. Also the same with threads. While yes I am the anticountdown guy, it is not a army of one. Usually threads and post are already commenting on it before I jump in.

Of the last 100 threads I started 3.5 of them were countdown related (the .5 was the anticountdown jpeg made of me, it was just a funny thread and not a complaining one) So I guess its not all me, but I don't mind having the bulls eye

Someone tried to point this out once before, I went back and showed how many post vs countdown post I had. Also the same with threads. While yes I am the anticountdown guy, it is not a army of one. Usually threads and post are already commenting on it before I jump in.

Of the last 100 threads I started 3.5 of them were countdown related (the .5 was the anticountdown jpeg made of me, it was just a funny thread and not a complaining one) So I guess its not all me, but I don't mind having the bulls eye

PJ
I'll stand shoulder to shoulder with you on this.

Drag Racing is not my life, nor is complaining about the countdown, but I will complain as I see fit, when I see fit, and where I see fit, regardless of what anyone says...just as theywill do the same about complaining about the complainers.

I am more concern about things/people that have an impact or affects my life, wealth or health....and drag racing "ain't" it.

Listen, I don't tell y'all to quit praising the crapdown, so don't tell me to stop complaining about it! :p

You can register all of your complaints at the Department of Redundancy Department!

I'll stay with the supporters, i also agree with Jon Asher's article.

here's a scary thought though......
was listening to radio and a 80's hair band 'rock athem' song played.
all i could think was, "pleeeaase do not EVER consider playing this
over the PA at pomona"

europe........'the final countdown' :eek::eek::D

There are some excellent ideas in that article.

It remains to be seen if the suits in Glendora can get past their egos and take some good suggestions to heart.

I'm not holding my breath.

For those of you who do not like the Countdown, take a look at Jon Asher's article on the Countdown. You might not like all of his points, but I tend to agree with a lot of what he is saying.

Asher even talks about some of you who want the old system back.

Torco Racing Fuel's Competition Plus.com - Drag Racing's Internet Magazine - UP FRONT - FIXING THE COUNTDOWN

I can't comment until Monday, when the temp restraining order on my discontent is lifted :D

I still seem to remember that poll thread on here ran something like 83/17% against/for the countdown. When I read something that just says like it or not, the Countdown is here to stay? What does that tell me? No matter how screwed up it may end up being, NHRA will not be willing to change it? It's their ball and their right to do what they want with it but, I don't believe for a moment they wouldn't change back if that's where they thought their best interests were. I've heard that the opinions of pro racers are not what that article says. That came from someone who does know and do business with many of them personally.

I've got a novel idea...why don't we enjoy the LAST darn race of the year. We have ALL off season to dissect the ins and outs of the Countdown. Besides, I'm assuming that NHRA just might do a bit of a review of the whole scheme before next season. I'm not a big fan of this deal but they certainly could make it BETTER with just a little bit of work.

We'll provide the coverage as quickly as possible so get busy and enjoy darn you ALL!!!!!

I would have no problem agreeing to this, the only problem is that I'm sure ESPN will be ramming the CD down our throat, I'd prefer them to focus mainly on the race but we know that ain't going to happen.

I can't comment until Monday, when the temp restraining order on my discontent is lifted :D

Okay, I will...

Jon, in my humble opinion... you nailed a fix we can all live with... and addressed everything I've disliked about it.:D

But as a very long time fan... I could care less... I just want to see the People I like do their best Every Race... and there are very few people I root against in T/F or Flopper...

That being said, I realize that being Champion is very Important to the Competitors, if for nothing more than the year end pay-out...:)

d'kid

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back