Congrats Frank Hawley! (1 Viewer)

afx421

Nitro Member
great job by frank after after not bieng in competition in 17 years to qualify#11. how ironic that 1st rd he races fast jack who teaches @ his school in pomona. good luck to frank on sunday, a great teacher and driver!

i liked the footage of the '83 race they showed during qualifying....did anyone else catch that skinny bearded 20-something kid in the background on the starting line???? pretty sure i've seen him somewhere before

good job frank!!!

i liked the footage of the '83 race they showed during qualifying....did anyone else catch that skinny bearded 20-something kid in the background on the starting line???? pretty sure i've seen him somewhere before

good job frank!!!

gee MM, by some chance was that WM ?:D

If you're going to testing tomorrow, take a camera... hint hint

d'kid

great job by frank after after not bieng in competition in 17 years to qualify#11. how ironic that 1st rd he races fast jack who teaches @ his school in pomona. good luck to frank on sunday, a great teacher and driver!

Looks like Frank lost in the first rd. today.

Hawley was second off the line and his car was not as quick as Fuller's, but he looked pretty good for "an old, retired gentleman."

good job frank!!!
That was nothing short of an awesome, historical shot, Mike. Loved it.

That's the way they should look now.

and your point is? why the negativity, frank hasnt been in a fuel f/c in years, i think he did a great job. and hopefully some wins this year. again congrats frank!

Wow !.....All I said was he lost in the first round, it wasn't intended in a negative way at all.
I'm glad he qualified, thats an accomplishment in itself. I'm also sorry he lost in the first round, would have been nice to see him advance to next round or further.

What makes this accomplishment so "GREAT" are a few things:

1) Only two sessions to make it in the show
2) Has a problem in 1st session and GRAZES the outside wall. Most people would have not driven in 20 years would take some time to get adjusted to that.....NOT FRANK..DROVE IT RIGHT DOWN BROADWAY THE VERY NEXT PASS!
3) In a field where some really GREAT drivers and teams did not make the show...he was CLUTCH and put it in!!!
4) In first round vs. Jack....(which had to be awesome for him), he stuck it right down the middle again. STAGED CONSISTANT...and had a fairly Decent .100 lite, against Jack's CONSTANT ONCE AGAIN .080 Rt. It was a good race and as he said in the interview..it was a WIN WIN situation for him!

GREAT TO SEE FRANK BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN! I HOPE HE GET'S TO MAKE A FEW MORE RACES!

Congrat's PROFESSOR FRANK!

Timmah!:cool:

Great to see Frank qualify this weekend and match up against Jack! Hawley just exudes "cool" whenever he`s on camera. The guy is a legend in the FC class and I hope we see a lot more of him.

I did Top Fuel all weekend, guess the FC driver names got flushed from my few remaining brain calls. Got "Hot Rod" mixed up with "Fast Jack"

For not having many FULL passes in the car this year.....making improvements every pass....qualifying.....and........check this out....

Frank's package first round would have beat anyone......in first round....but Jack. So......that's drag racing for ya.

Just had to add that. How cool..really....

I am extremely happy for Frank and the entire team. Some great stuff this weekend and so much to build on in races to come. Frank hadn't competed in 17 years....wow. ;)

He can be my teacher any day!!!!!!!!:D

Frank is one of the classest....most intelligent racers I know, to see him back in again....and to acomplish what they did as a team first race out....SUPER!!!

Can't wait for his next race!

For not having many FULL passes in the car this year.....making improvements every pass....qualifying.....and........check this out....

Frank's package first round would have beat anyone......in first round....but Jack. So......that's drag racing for ya.

Just had to add that. How cool..really....

I am extremely happy for Frank and the entire team. Some great stuff this weekend and so much to build on in races to come. Frank hadn't competed in 17 years....wow. ;)

He can be my teacher any day!!!!!!!!:D

Frank is one of the classest....most intelligent racers I know, to see him back in again....and to acomplish what they did as a team first race out....SUPER!!!

Can't wait for his next race!
well said kathy! I like you are a graduate of franks school with frank himself teaching me. he is a great guy!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back