Condolences to Cory Mac & family (1 Viewer)

__

Nitro Member
Read his latest blog entry:

Registered member said:
On a personal note, I'm sad to report I will be putting my dog Cookie down this weekend. She's very old -- 17 and a half -- and she can't get around any more. The doctors think it's the humane thing to do at this point. I'm very sad to lose her after all these years but she's been a great dog and a part of my family for a long time.

Cookie's picture is in the July 5th entry. When my wife and I won the Racer's for Christ "Crewmember for a Day" last year at Richmond, we both remember Cory talking about how he enjoyed traveling with Cookie. It never easy to lose a member of the family. It's even tougher when you have to make the choice to end their suffering. :( Deepest sympathies to Cory and his family during this difficult time.

My sympathies to Cory & Family.

On a side note..17 1/2 yrs old is way up there. Nice long life.

So sorry to hear. These kinds of deals are always very tough. Cory was going to be a Vet if he didn't go Drag Racing so he knows it's probably best for Cookie, even though it's never easy to have to do it.

My best to Cory and Family.

Dave

As you can tell by my avatar... I LOVE MY DOG!!

I have had dogs before and been in the same situation. My heart goes out to Cory and his family.

My heart breaks for Cory and his family. I've had many furbabies in my life....losing a member of the family is never easy. My girl, Laila is only 2 so I pray for many happy years with her!

Be there with Cookie, Cory. Let it be your voice and touch she hears and feels when she crosses over the Rainbow Bridge. Rainbow Bridge Poem

I will be facing this before long, myself. Mato is 14 1/2 and not getting around so well either.

It is the part of pet ownership that sucks. But I will not deprive myself of the all the years of joy and happiness our 4 legged kids bring into our lives, just to spare this part.

Last edited:
I too feel his pain. My baby is 15 years old and she has been through everything with me and there have been some seriously bad times. It was her happy face and companionship that kept me going. I know when the time comes it will break my heart as it is doing now when I write this, BUT she has given me so much more than I can ever repay.............

So Cory remember the good times and you will always smile.

jim

Ya had to throw that Rainbow Bridge poem in there didn't ya? ;)

On January 2nd last year my mom and step dad had to put our pooch down, and even though she didn't live with me and had lived with my mom for 7 years it was still a very very hard thing. As she grew older you knew she was just not the same ole' dog she used to be and the age was showing. So every time I got to see her I made the most of it. I knew the decision was coming, for a coonhound she lasted until 15 which I hear is a long time (my setter when I was a kid was 14), and when it came I knew it was the right thing to do. She made all of our family very happy through some pretty tough times, but she knew when her job was done. And we knew what the right thing was do, and Cory does to.

Strange how things happen, I am never sick enough to miss work, and I had promised myself that I was just going to stay busy enough at work that day to not think about it, but I woke up in the early morning hours sicker than sick with an out of the blue stomach flue. So I had to stay home that day and I guess that was my dog's way of letting me mourn that dreadful day. I am sure Cory will have some type of devine intervention along the way too.

One of the toughest decisions we had to make was to give her a grave in the pet cemetery or put her in the mass grave. We opted for the mass grave because she was such a happy dog and touched everyone she ever met we figured that would be the best thing, so she could continue that with the other animals that have passed on.

My condolensces.

It is hard to say good bye to a loyal friend and a part of our family. We have had to say good bye to 2 of our dogs and a cat. Alll were vary had on me. The dog we had to take to the vet and have put down that was so hard to do. Cory and family my heat go out to you.

I know the feeling. I had to put my Saint Bernard, Barabas, down monday. It was his 3rd birthday and he had suffered a very bad spinial cord injury while playing with our other dogs.

My heart goes out to you Cory. Our pets become more than just dogs, they become family members. They give us unconditional love and ask for nothing more than food, a warm bed to sleep on, and a pat on the head.

My household consists of two dogs, one cat, and one corn snake. One dog, the cat, and the snake are rescue animals.

I have to keep an eye out on Belle the cat. She was 12 years old Saturday but runs and acts like a two year old.

I named one of my dogs Nitro Fish. I use her picture as my avator. She will be nine this December. She weighs in at 107 pounds. Large dogs don't live as long as the smaller ones and I can see she is starting to have joint problems. My husband will be a total wreck when she crosses over the Rainbow Bridge. That is his baby. She follows him everywhere.

I can tell you frist hand that Cory loved that dog. Last year when he had his motor home at the shop for a few week. Every morning you would see him walking cookie. Or cory telling you about his road trip to the track the dog was always brought up. It was like a crew member. So cory if you are reading this go out and win vegas for cookie !!!!!

Cory updated his blog today. Very sad. :(

Hope you get that win, Cory! Good luck!

Went through it last year with our Rottie. Like I told her, I'd rather we suffer emotionally while making it easier on the dog than have the dog suffer physically like she was bound to.

I just read Cory's blog. The part about about the collar brought tears to my eyes. Very sad.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back