Clay Millican & Evan Knoll (1 Viewer)

As much as I'm happy for what Evan Knoll does for soo many racers. I'm just curious how much Bigger Knoll racing will have to get before the fans turn on him like they did Don Schumacher??:rolleyes:

No one will turn on Evan Knoll because he also sponsors races too! Now if I could just get Evan Knoll to help sponsor my nephews S/C-Q/R Dragster (hint hint)!

bc1.jpg

We certantly enjoyed having Evan Knoll at out home track, San Antonio Raceway for the 1st IHRA national event of the year.

Last edited:
It'll be interesting to see how many of these sponsorships are around in say 2 years. Who isn't Knoll/Torco sponsoring these days in the Pro Ranks. How long can it go on? I say 2 years tops.

I agree with Mike Minick. I have yet to see the SCHUMACHER ELECTRIC top feuler. I am just saying. Evan puts HIS money where his mouth is and Don puts the Army's money where his mouth is.

Jason, I have a diecast of Tony's pink Exide car from the championship season of 99 and there is a big Schumacher Electric sticker on it. He didn't build these teams without sacrafice. God forbid someone makes an additional living on drag racing instead of spending all of their hard earned cash.

Not to be a stick in the mud, but is there any other source that'll corroborate this info?

I am leaving Phoenix on Wednesday going to Gainesville for Thursday runs, I understand that Clay will be testing new items and may only make 1/2 track passes Thursday, he will return Saturday and Sunday for more runs

I am leaving Phoenix on Wednesday going to Gainesville for Thursday runs, I understand that Clay will be testing new items and may only make 1/2 track passes Thursday, he will return Saturday and Sunday for more runs
Well, I guess we have it from a "Reliable Source." Good Luck on your new situation. Your team truly represents well. I hope to see you guys at Epping, once again!

OK, you run your racing like a business, but if you won't allow your own company to invest in your own team becauses of "lack of return" why would you ever expect someone else to put there money into it?

I remember a racer who I am friends with say something in print to the effect that "it wasn't a wise investment for their own company so they were looking outside for a sponosr." I had to shake my head on that one.

I was just wondering why there is no SHOE cars or bikes. That is all. Evan is investing in the sport to see a return. Don SEEMS to be participating in the sport for a return. I am too young to know much about the Don's past in racing but now it is one place he makes money not spends it. No different than JFR who I am a big fan of.

OK, you run your racing like a business, but if you won't allow your own company to invest in your own team becauses of "lack of return" why would you ever expect someone else to put there money into it?

I remember a racer who I am friends with say something in print to the effect that "it wasn't a wise investment for their own company so they were looking outside for a sponosr." I had to shake my head on that one.
\
JMO. but it's called "return on investment." The Sponsor has to believes it has a reasonable chance to see a positive return on the money he puts into the "Advertising." Some businesses aren't large enough to get that positive return, regardless of the success of the team.

If you own countless pro teams why not put some decals on them. How much investment is that??? There your cars/bikes.

Schumacher Electric does put money in the racing operation every year and we see it as a good investment. The name reconition is adequate value for SEC and to put additional names on all of the teams cars and bikes is not necessary.

Schumacher Electric does put money in the racing operation every year and we see it as a good investment. The name reconition is adequate value for SEC and to put additional names on all of the teams cars and bikes is not necessary.

Fair enough Don. I have always wondered. What is "SEC"? Just courious. Advertising and sponsership is always apreciated. Good luck in '07 Don.

I've heard that Schumacher Electric also manufactures a unique part for a very well known musical instrument provider. Don - are ya helping rockers with their Axes? :D

Yes Jim we do work for Fender and others in the amp business. How were you aware of this piece of my business?

Yes Jim we do work for Fender and others in the amp business. How were you aware of this piece of my business?

Shoe - An AZ Mater who had a friend at Fender told me about you hosting Fender group at the CSK race.
We've met briefly a couple of times at Firebird. We printed both of the WonderWagon posters and the recent poster for your friend who retired from Gates. Also, you and Tony signed all of our Milestone cars.
And . . . we had a chance to talk when you signed my Ibususki "Manufactuers Meet" litho. Racers who visit our shop always are drawn to Jame's incredible light painting. After that, they see "Big Daddy's First Indy" which is signed by that other Don guy - ;)
I hope to see you at Firebird in January.

Jim Young
Competition Commercial Printing

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back