Classic NHRA races coming to your smart TV (1 Viewer)

Al

Nitro Member

I'm really looking forward to this. I already have PLEX on my Firestick and it is a good app. I have been disappointed that NHRA TV hasn't added any more "Classics" since Covid came along, so this will be nice !

When you get into the app, go to live TV. I was under the impression it was an on-demand type thing where I could pick which race I wanted to watch. It is more of an actual TV channel with set programming. Still cool and have had it on at the office all day so far.

My only small gripe is their commercial interruptions. Commercials are fine for a free platform and they keep it pretty short and sweet. But they interrupt whenever the commercial is set to appear like every 7 minutes or so. Had one earlier stop the show in the middle of a run. When it came back the show picked up right where it left off. It would be nice if they could get the commercials to sync with the natural breaks in the program.

How do you find it? I've searched NHRA and nothing comes up (except some podcasts). I'm new to Plex so I may be doing something wrong.

Whether you use a Roku (that’s me), smart tv or whatever just look up the Plex app. It’s in the Plex channel guide. Hope that helps.

I DOWNLOADED THE APP LAST NIGHT FOR OUR LG SMART TV.....WORKS GREAT.......FEEL ASLEEP TO IDLE CACKLING AND BURNOUTS.....SOME PEOPLE LIKE MUSIC....I'LL TAKE DRAG RACING....I REALLY HOPE THIS IS NOT A FLASH IN THE PAN FOR NHRA AND SERIOUSLY KEEP IT GOING.........BRAVO NHRA

If anybody has yet to check out the Plex app, it’s really good. I was able to watch the 77 SpringNationals yesterday and today they have on the 1977 World Finals.

easy to find. easy to load. i find the commercials very annoying. i'd rather look up old races on youtube, and skip the commercials.
it's cool that nhra has a channel on plex though.

Ok, I have the plex app on my tv so where do I find the races?
Go to their live channels. NHRA has there own channel. It a ways down with some other sports channels. You can save it as a favorite so it pops up at the top of the channel list for the future.

Just as Brian Lohnes said, they have uploaded some new stuff. Starting on Friday, there are some Diamond P documentaries airing on this channel, such as Fabulous Floppers, Kings of the Sport, and some that I had never heard of, such as King of Speed.

Plex works ok sometimes and not so well others. Seems to do ok with Roku, not as good with Firestick, and pretty bad with Chromecast Google tv...nice to see content not in the classics section on NHRA.tv...

I saw today that the NHRA channel has now been added to the ROKU CHANNEL (in the "Live TV" link) on Roku.
It doesn't seem to have the occasional buffering that PLEX does. Same shows, same program guide.

I saw today that the NHRA channel has now been added to the ROKU CHANNEL (in the "Live TV" link) on Roku.
It doesn't seem to have the occasional buffering that PLEX does. Same shows, same program guide.
What channel? I'm not finding it on my ROKU.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back