Chrr (1 Viewer)

It was cool! when was the last time you saw 32 nitro funny cars qualify for an 8 car field? Also kudos to all the funny car racers as nearly every run was side by side and no oil downs. This is a better show than the big show. I will have pics on Cap Racing Home Page later today.

Hey Rich,

When you guys were in the staging lanes, I dropped by to say hi.
You were in your tow vehicle, with the seat fully reclined and sleeping!
Didn't want to wake you from your beauty sleep :p

Will bump into you some other time, ok sleeping beauty? :p

Seriuosly nice pass the car made! Great work! I was at the 330' mark. Looked amzing the whole way.

I'm interested in your review of the facility and the whole nostalgia scene compared to the big pro show.

Ha ha! You should have woke me up.

Well, I'll tell you what Paul. Some jack ass turned on his generator at 4AM and it woke me up and I was never able to get back to sleep. Knowing we'd be driving all night I decided to get a quick snooze in until we were able to move up.

Yes, it was worth the wait as Vic made a great pass. I just wish they hadn't allowed the top fuel car to make an extra run after that 40 minute oil down from the last pair.

Paul, the track reminds me of Sacramento. Go to Cap Racing Home Page for the review on the nostalgia vs. the big show as i just posted it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Rich Bailey
"I just wish they hadn't allowed the top fuel car to make an extra run after that 40 minute oil down from the last pair."

Yep..., Uhh.., Hm.., Hmm.., someone needs to have a talk about this. This doesn't need to happen at the MM, or next years CHRR! Folks I've had contact with agree the events in question were not neccessary.

:rolleyes:;)

P.S. Unrelated to the post above. I was just touching bases with someone, and they seemed to indictate, Hmm.., Hmm.., that when one of the Nitro cars seems to have been held up at the line, which ultimately may have resulted in a lose & a hurt motor? It was passed on that the fall out of these events appeared to have evolved into a personal engagement :mad: of shorts in the shut down area. Yep, always unfortunate to here about such matters.;)

Last edited:
So this would be considered sleeping at the tree,...

Yes the CHRR was a great time and sunday at 5:30 pm was what it was
to be all about. I could not have made it there without the help of Rich Bailey
letting me use his truck to take my 72 Veneys Vega down to run in the exhibition class,..Thanks Rich....
here are a couple of pics and a video clip from friday mornings Burnout from the reunion,..it was really alot of fun.
Be sure to check out my home page it gets updated frequently
vicmillerracing.com

Vic Miller
Home

Video of Burnout Friday morning 9 am

YouTube - Veney's Vega Hot Rod Reunion Oct 2009

Photo by Don Gillispie
24154.jpg

Photo by Bob Wenzleburger
24159.jpg

Photo by Roger Pederson
DSC_242.jpg