Chip Ellis Gone???? (1 Viewer)

The silly season lives on. I never thought this scenario would happen. I'd love to see Angelle out there racing but I'd rather see her on a Suzuki.

Angelle definitely has what it takes to put a G-Squared Buell in the Winner's Circle. I'd love to see her back with George and Jackie.

great if they team up with ANgelle bummer for Chip. Wish they could have kept them both

I am a little shocked that someone that finishes in 3rd place would get the boot! It really stinks that he is out of a ride.

boy that stinks! chip was a great rider for g2. i love george and jackie bryce, they are class people! i hope the drama queen doesnt ride for them but if she does she will have a 1st class bike with tons of power to win it all in 08. go g2!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like they realize that Angelle has the best shot at bringing the wins and the sponsor appeal. It will be fun to hear Angelle say how great a V-Twin is now!

I am a little shocked that someone that finishes in 3rd place would get the boot! It really stinks that he is out of a ride.
Up until a year or two ago, the Bryces always finished either #1 or #2. They won events every year. Their rider ("driver", sorry George) had the fastest bike at many events this year, and not a single victory to show for it... No #1 and no #2 either. I'm not shocked in the least.

Up until a year or two ago, the Bryces always finished either #1 or #2. They won events every year. Their rider ("driver", sorry George) had the fastest bike at many events this year, and not a single victory to show for it... No #1 and no #2 either. I'm not shocked in the least.

Man-I feel as bad for George + Jackie as I do for Chip :(- I'm sure it was not an easy discission)-but the writing has been on the wall for at least a 1/2 season. Third would be a great finish-for a newcomer like Peggy L.-and a championship is great for someone with a few years under his belt like Matt--but Chip has close to 20 years on both of them-and helped build their bikes.
Having Drag Specialties on the bike means its pretty much self-sponsored. If you have the #1 plate, you have something to go out+ try to sell to a sponsor. Its hard to sell "we had the fastest bike at most races-but no wins to show for it." As long as there has been P/SB, its been Star vs. V+H. And I can remember (many) years ago other riders that had Star motors complaining their motors werent as good as the house bike--and now Star has a winless season while their bikes picked up Wallys + a championship.

Note: this post was in no way meant to bash Chip (I've been a fan since the Riceburner F/b) Nor to the Smith family for their tuning skills--bashers will now have to read something else into it to make it a 10 pager. ;)

To all, Chip is the best rider we have ever had. He can ride anything fast.
You all could never even imagine how many bikes he has tested for us.
He is a team player, hard worker, honest, smart, and very friendly.

We ALL agree we need a change. We are ALL better than what we showed.

Chip will get a deal....he will make someone very happy.
We hope that it will be a customer with a S&S powerplant.
Chip is not fired....he works at G2/Star....he is building new
S&S powered Buells. He can work here as long as he want to.

We, George and George, have released him to make a new deal for himself.
If he gets a NHRA deal.....we hope it is one of our bikes.

George and I are trying to put a deal together for us to race next year with a new deal.

We are also prepared to not enter a team next year.

We will go and be involved in customer support for the 13 or so S&S powered teams that we service now and in the future.

These are FACTS......from the horses mouth. GB3...little George

Last edited:
To all, Chip is the best rider we have ever had. He can ride anything fast.
You all could never even imagine how many bikes he has tested for us.
He is a team player, hard worker, honest, smart, and very friendly.

We ALL agree we need a change. We are ALL better than we DID.

Chip will get a deal....he will make someone very happy.
We hope that it will be a customer with a S&S powerplant.
Chip is not fired....he works at G2/Star....he is building new
S&S powered Buells. He can work here as long as he want to.

We, George and George, have released him to make a new deal for himself.
If he gets a NHRA deal.....we hope it is one of our bikes.

George and I are trying to put a deal together for us to race next year with a new deal.

We are prepared to not not enter a team next year.

We will go and be involved in customer support for the 13 or so S&S powered teams that we service now and in the future.

These are FACTS......from the horses mouth. GB3...little George

Thanks for posting that Jackie, all the best. Oh and It's Mike from Australia, I'm off to watch Maurice who you met in Pomona last year race later today, and one of your S&S bikes is also running, it's the first time we have had a PSB round of the championship in our state. I'll PM you with some results later.

Take care,

Mike

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back