Chi-Town Hustler (1 Viewer)

force fan

Nitro Member
Congrats to the Chi-Town Hustler team on a great weekend!!! That was a great final round appearance. It seems MM has turned out to be one hell of a driver!!:D Of course, I never had any doubt :p

Lynn where did you see him. What ETs did he run. Details please.

He was in Cordova. He made it to the final round against Cruz Pedragon :mad: but lost :( Cruz ran a 5.90 @ 228 and MM ran a 5.94 @ 240. I watched the race on Bangshift.com but I did go see them in Bradenton a couple of months ago!!! I don't remember all of the numbers, but he did have a few kick ass runs. I'm sure Mike could fill you in :D

Paul, they just posted a video on Facebook of the 2nd qualifying pass and on that one he ran a 5.88 @ 245!!! I'm thinking there was a run that was even better than that one? Hopefully Mike will be on soon and fill us in :D

I watched on Bangshift as well, very cool deal. And also, amidst all the threads about the end of drag racing and shrinking crowds, it was announced that Cordova was a sell-out, as in they were turning people away. Pretty impressive.

Thanks everyone. We qualified #5 with a 5.88 run Friday night. Because of the way the DRO series does their ladder we had the #1 qualifier Marc White in the first round. We went 5.77 in the first round while Marc had some transmission problems and shut off early. We had a bye into the final because our second round opponent to be Jon Capps had some parts breakage that the team wasn't able to fix. We took advantage of our bye and tried something with our tuneup that the car seemed to like. It had the best 60 foot time we've ever had at .967 and I shut it off about 200 feet off the line. We came up in the final with the car pretty hopped up and it was a little too much. The car spun at the hit and made a move for the wall costing us a lot of ET and Cruz was able to slide around us in the lights. It was a good weekend for us. Cruz was very cordial before and after the race, and was nothing but complimentary to me and the rest of our team.

And yes, at 4:30 Saturday evening Cordova literally ran out of space to park spectator cars. This is the first time that has ever happened in the events 60 year history. I don't know what the figures were for the weekend, but I know in the past they brought in around 20,000 people without having to close the parking lot.

Last edited:
Mike, I was rooting for you in the final! You guys sure made it fun to watch from the stands. Give me a few days and I'll upload the video to YouTube.

And yes, at 4:30 Saturday evening Cordova literally ran out of space to park spectator cars. This is the first time that has ever happened in the events 60 year history. I don't know what the figures were for the weekend, but I know in the past they brought in around 20,000 people without having to close the parking lot.

I heard that over the PA but we got there about 5:15 and still got parked granted it was a little further away then we normally are and that's about the time we get there every year. We were packed into the stands more so this year than any other year that I've been up there though.

I thought you were going to get him in that final round Mike, it was fun to watch. Overall, it was a really good show.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back