Carpenter comes home to Dragstock after igniting southern Quick 8 scene (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]

(9-10-2009) ROCKINGHAM, NC – Charles Carpenter’s marathon run through August was just like the old days.

In the early years of his long and illustrious career, Carpenter would race as many as five times a week, barnstorming “Quick 8s” being held at seemingly every tiny track across the southeast. It was grueling, but to a young and hungry Carpenter, it couldn’t get much better.

Fast forward to 2009, and Carpenter is still at it. He spent every weekend in August at the track, winning a race in Farmington, NC, then taking runner-up honors in Orangeburg, SC, before heading to Columbus, OH and finally invading Huntsville, AL, where he once again scored a runner-up finish while resetting both ends of the track record for a nitrous car. All-in-all he reset his own personal best elapsed time and made more than a handful of three-second passes.

But, just like the old days, there is always Rockingham.

Since Carpenter began racing doorslammers when he was 15 years old, the big race has always been Rockingham. The class, car, speed, elapsed time, and sanctioning body have all changed many times over, but one thing remains the same: Rockingham is the race of the season for the Charlotte, NC-based driver.

“There always seems to be a little magic in the air around this time,” Carpenter said. “The weather begins to turn cooler and we get down to the last few races of the season, the biggest of them being Rockingham. Since 2006 the big race at “The Rock” has been Dragstock, and we are really looking forward to this year’s race. The car is performing at its best, and we have an absolute ton of friends and family coming down from the Charlotte area for the race.”

Carpenter credits the National Guard American Drag Racing League’s unique ticketing concept with allowing a lot of his longtime followers to finally come out to the track.

“The ADRL’s complimentary ticket program allows us to invite everyone we know to come and check out what we do,” the Pro Nitrous legend said. “I’ve distributed thousands of tickets from my auto repair center over the last few weeks and I hope every single one of them gets used.”

Despite the excitement and anticipation for the race, there is one thing that Carpenter would like to change about Rockingham.

“I never do well here,” Carpenter admitted. “I don’t know if it’s the added pressure I put on myself because everyone I know is watching or if it’s just coincidence, but it seems to be a rare occasion when we can put it all together at Rockingham.”

“The mission to is to change that this weekend.”

Charles Carpenter Racing would like to thank Doherty Motorsports, Total Induction Tuning Solutions, MagnaFuel, WFO Racing & Machine, Santhuff Suspension Specialties, Dennis Radford & Tom Hemphill, Custom Autosound, Hairy Glass, Pro Glass, TEK Headers, JAZ Products, Weld Racing, Stroud Safety, RJS Safety Equipment, Goodridge Hose & Fittings, Goodyear, Friction Unlimited, Lockwood Racing, Racepak, and VP Racing Fuels for their continued support.

Carpenter is actively seeking primary sponsorship for 2009. For more information about Charles Carpenter Racing and the World’s Fastest ’55 Chevy, or for a copy of the team’s 2009 Marketing Partnership Guide, visit Charles Carpenter Racing.

Photo Courtesy of Brian Cupp

Attachments

• 3906982646_a6a67b3989_o.jpg
    3906982646_a6a67b3989_o.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 12
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back