Capps speaks! (1 Viewer)

Ron's comments were the sentiments of EVERYONE I talked to over the weekend about the situation and us cyber posters/fans' comments online.

no one here is defending that kind of junk.

My point is that speculation and rumor about any part of this tragedy is hurtful to the people who were left behind as they try to unravel the cause of this incident. John Medlen has asked that people on the internet refrain from doing so. Others have done so as well. So, I guess that people need to decide if they want to respect the family's requests, or exercise their right to
speculate on message boards.

I am not trying to even guess what happened. The thing that does keep going through my mind was an interview with John at one of the first races when he said he called Robert on the radio and asked him what to expect on his run. He said Robert told him it would shake but to not lift, it would drive through it. Am I dreaming or does someone else remember this?

People SHOULDN'T SPECULATE on what caused Eric's accident and subsequent tragic death.

People CAN SUGGEST ways in which they feel these cars can be made safer.

It is accidents like this that make us all want to make these cars safer so we don't have to go through the grief and anguish we all go through everytime something like this happens.

Ahhhh, if it helps the Medlin family, I'll do my best not to speculate about the tragedy.

I would like to be able to peruse the results of any investigation by professionals that have depth in this sort of thing. I hope they pinpoint the cause and engineer a way to prevent it from ever taking away another one of our beloved nitro pilots!

As a fan, I'm having doubts about whether being a fan of nitro racing is really such a good thing after all. I don't want to be a part of a sport that takes such beautiful people as Eric and Darrell and cuts their lives short.

I only know most out there as sports figures. I feel for all the family and friends that lose a loved one to drag racing. May their loss at least contribute to preventing such a tragedy from happening again.

-95% Jimmy

hey everyone!! speakin from my heart i totally agree with what RON CAPPS has to say, he is totally right every one needs to hush up let JFR and the EXPERTS figure this out, i have know doubt they will!!!! so all you so called computer crew cheifs need to relax quit jumping on a guy WHO KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT!!!!! and wait till the full report comes out!!!!!!!! I WOULD APPRECIATE THAT AND SO WOULD OTHER RACERS!!!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back