Can someone help me? (1 Viewer)

farmje

Nitro Member
Well, at about 5:55pm, my ESPN2 channel decided to go kaput. It is still out as we speak, and Cox Communications here in Arkansas says that it is a broadcasting problem with the signal from ESPN2. Can anyone hook me up with the entire race from this evening from start to finish? PM me, and I'll gladly pay for shipping and any inconveniences. I sure appreciate it everyone.

Thanks,
farmer

If you go to the NHRA site,it has the ESPN schedule when the race will be replayed on ESPN2.

Not being rude,despite what happened to you,but I would look seriously at getting Direct TV satellite.I've had it for 10 years and have never had any problems,even thru hurricanes.

If it was a signal problem from ESPN2 it would have caused problems for more companies than just Cox as they're claiming. Since they all get their signal from the same feed, well...you know what I'm saying. Good luck finding a copy. Might be time to find a new cable company too since they can't be honest with you either. ;)

If you go to the NHRA site,it has the ESPN schedule when the race will be replayed on ESPN2.

Not being rude,despite what happened to you,but I would look seriously at getting Direct TV satellite.I've had it for 10 years and have never had any problems,even thru hurricanes.

You're kidding right? Rain fade is a BIG problem. Peaking your signal to max and using a quality coax will help but in heavy rain you're not going to see your program.

If you don't catch the re-air, I can put the race on DVD for you. Especially since the re-air will be 2 hours vs the original broadcast of 3 hours. :)

Force's acceptance speech and Schumacher's amazing win are a "can't miss"!

You're kidding right? Rain fade is a BIG problem. Peaking your signal to max and using a quality coax will help but in heavy rain you're not going to see your program.

No I'm not kidding!! I can count on one hand how many times that system has lost signal,and when we had 4 hurricanes pass thru (not a direct hit) I was watching TV with no problems with a generator running the house. My signal reads 99.

If it was a signal problem from ESPN2 it would have caused problems for more companies than just Cox as they're claiming. Since they all get their signal from the same feed, well...you know what I'm saying. Good luck finding a copy. Might be time to find a new cable company too since they can't be honest with you either. ;)

Well, I think that it was a problem with Cox's ESPN2 feed from ESPN2. All of my buddies with Cox couldn't get the race last night. People from Dish Network had it...apparently today it was a "regional" problem with that channel last night. But why did it have to happen last night?? Ah well. I can't wait to get the DVD!

No I'm not kidding!! I can count on one hand how many times that system has lost signal,and when we had 4 hurricanes pass thru (not a direct hit) I was watching TV with no problems with a generator running the house. My signal reads 99.

We went through the same four hurricanes. Signal strength = 100. Lost all programming during heavy rain. Don't take it so seriously. It's a Direct TV Problem.

We went through the same four hurricanes. Signal strength = 100. Lost all programming during heavy rain. Don't take it so seriously. It's a Direct TV Problem.

I don't believe it is the rain falling between the dish and the sattelite that causes the rain fade but the splashing that happens between the dish and LNB pickup when the rain hits the dish. In New England we get a lot of snow and just an inch stuck on the dish will kill the signal. I don't know about DISH but DIRECT TV used to offer an "umbrella" kit for their unit. I had a sheet metal hat for a while before I moved it (damn trees keep growing) and you could watch TV in a monsoon.
By the way, best thing ever was getting rid of the cable company, never had so much grief as their digital crap and rental fees.

Last edited:
I don't believe it is the rain falling between the dish and the sattelite that causes the rain fade but the splashing that happens between the dish and LNB pickup when the rain hits the dish. In New England we get a lot of snow and just an inch stuck on the dish will kill the signal. I don't know about DISH but DIRECT TV used to offer an "umbrella" kit for their unit. I had a sheet metal hat for a while before I moved it (damn trees keep growing) and you could watch TV in a monsoon.
By the way, best thing ever was getting rid of the cable company, never had so much grief as their digital crap and rental fees.

The snow will block the signal from the LNB but if you go to their website they will explain rain fade. I also have Direcway and have the same problem however it's worse than the TV.

There are a lot of crooked businesses that will sell you anything. You can even buy a dish cover to keep bird crap off it. I guess when you get enough bird doo doo you throw it in the washer. :D

Not taking it in any way,just stating a fact. It may be just where I live at,after the storms came thru and myself and 2 other neighbors were the only ones who had TV,a lot of those grey dishes went up in a 10 day span.Too bad I couldn't get the refferral money!! When I have excellent service like I've had with my system,I let everyone know.The cable company here stunk,and I'm being nice when I say that.

I've got Time Warner cable.
My signal was messed up for the first hour of the finals.I still had a ok picture etc but it skipped alot .I dvr-ed the rest of it and have yet to watch all of it.

Not taking it in any way,just stating a fact. It may be just where I live at,after the storms came thru and myself and 2 other neighbors were the only ones who had TV,a lot of those grey dishes went up in a 10 day span.Too bad I couldn't get the refferral money!! When I have excellent service like I've had with my system,I let everyone know.The cable company here stunk,and I'm being nice when I say that.

You must not live too far from me. If you look on the map we are 10 miles north of Arcadia. We took hits from 3 of the 4 hurricanes. Charley did almost all of the damage as it came right up RT 17 which is what we live on. The other two we were on the fringe of. We had $50,000 in damages but a great insurance company and of course the Red Cross response was immediate.

Do you race at Bradenton, Morosso or Immokalee?

I've got Time Warner cable.
My signal was messed up for the first hour of the finals.I still had a ok picture etc but it skipped alot .I dvr-ed the rest of it and have yet to watch all of it.

That sucks. And why does it always happen when something special is on?

I have the telecast in HD on my DVR box. Now, if I can figure out how to take that to my DVD burner I will be able to get you the show in HD on DVD. I will work on it tonight when I get home from work.

You must not live too far from me. If you look on the map we are 10 miles north of Arcadia. We took hits from 3 of the 4 hurricanes. Charley did almost all of the damage as it came right up RT 17 which is what we live on. The other two we were on the fringe of. We had $50,000 in damages but a great insurance company and of course the Red Cross response was immediate.

Do you race at Bradenton, Morosso or Immokalee?

We didn't have any damage to speak of,but my home is 4 miles from the shoreline.I race at Gainesville,and am going to also go to SGMP and see how that track hooks

I have the telecast in HD on my DVR box. Now, if I can figure out how to take that to my DVD burner I will be able to get you the show in HD on DVD. I will work on it tonight when I get home from work.
Don't worry about it, Paul. I've got him covered. :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back