Camping World out of NASCAR? (1 Viewer)

Luke Nieuwhof

Nitro Member
It sounds that way...from Marcus Lemonis on Twitter:

What an amazing opportunity it's been. 14 years, over 30
race entitlements, over 35 drivers sponsored and some of
the best fans one could wish for. Thank you NASCAR.
Marketing and sponsorships continue to build and expand
our Camping World business.
BUT it's the people that work IN the business every day
that make it GO and GROW.
In acknowledging what matters most, OUR PEOPLE, we
have made the decision to reallocate those marketing
dollars towards increasing the income and benefits of OUR
PEOPLE.
From my perspective; THERE IS NO BETTER MONEY SPENT.
Marcus
NASCAR fan for life

News release said they are officially out as the sponsor of the Truck Series after 2022. Craftsman is the expected replacement sponsor per Adam Stern (yes, the same Craftsman that used to sponsor the Truck Series years ago).

Doesn't say one way or another what the future of their involvement with NHRA (or SRX) is. For what it's worth, there was an article on Autoweek a couple of weeks ago which quoted Glen Cromwell saying the Camping World people are very happy with their ROI with NHRA

News release said they are officially out as the sponsor of the Truck Series after 2022. Craftsman is the expected replacement sponsor per Adam Stern (yes, the same Craftsman that used to sponsor the Truck Series years ago).
Same name but an entirely different Craftsman. The first time around, Craftsman was a Sears brand. Now it is a brand name owned by Stanley Black & Decker.

Doesn't say one way or another what the future of their involvement with NHRA (or SRX) is. For what it's worth, there was an article on Autoweek a couple of weeks ago which quoted Glen Cromwell saying the Camping World people are very happy with their ROI with NHRA
Nhra and camping world is good thru 2024. Hoping they stick around,btw has marcus been to a race yet? If not,might not be good?

Nhra and camping world is good thru 2024. Hoping they stick around,btw has marcus been to a race yet? If not,might not be good?
Not sure why Marcus ever coming to a NHRA race himself has anything to do with the company’s involvement (Sponsorship). The man has over 180 stores in ONE of his businesses (Camping World) and surely does not micro manage them. He is 48 years old and worth over $500,000,000. It is fairly certain that this guy who was mentored by Lee Iococa leaves his advertising research to competent people who can report to him. NHRA is doing a good job of showing turn away crowds in the RV section on TV at the races. If every store near the race that is going on pumps up that race and comps its employees - customers - vendors it is a win for Camping World and NHRA without him needing to be personally involved. Looking him up showed that he was in the automobile dealership business from a very young adult life. An analogy would be I am also pretty sure that the Colonial doesn’t visit all his Chicken stands to show that he is interested. He just wants to sell chicken. Also I believe that the Sportsman crowd (Racers & Fans) are at least as important as the Pros to Camping World.

14 years is a good run with the same brand. if nascar fans do not know 'camping world' by now ....... coca cola was with nhra for 18 years? and 3 different brands.
i'm surprised we haven't seen marketing for overton's and gander outdoor. even if only trackside signage.

Not sure why Marcus ever coming to a NHRA race himself has anything to do with the company’s involvement (Sponsorship). The man has over 180 stores in ONE of his businesses (Camping World) and surely does not micro manage them. He is 48 years old and worth over $500,000,000. It is fairly certain that this guy who was mentored by Lee Iococa leaves his advertising research to competent people who can report to him. NHRA is doing a good job of showing turn away crowds in the RV section on TV at the races. If every store near the race that is going on pumps up that race and comps its employees - customers - vendors it is a win for Camping World and NHRA without him needing to be personally involved. Looking him up showed that he was in the automobile dealership business from a very young adult life. An analogy would be I am also pretty sure that the Colonial doesn’t visit all his Chicken stands to show that he is interested. He just wants to sell chicken. Also I believe that the Sportsman crowd (Racers & Fans) are at least as important as the Pros to Camping World.
At one point nhra,fox said he was coming to an event but never did. The colonial cant visit every store but sure could visit 1 im sure lol.
Nhra/fox said he was coming to an event years ago,never did. Just sayn. Wouldnt hurt to show his personal support by showing up maybe??

how often did anyone ever see coca-cola brass? the guy who put the leather jacket on winners at pomona, and someone maybe spoke at banquet.
i'll bet you being a great salesperson at a camping world could be somewhat lucrative. probably have plenty of add-on extras to sell, just like automobiles.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back