Campbell out at Jim Dunn Racing (1 Viewer)

qualified17th

Nitro Member
https://www.competitionplus.com/dra...XGcRqR7qyFsWtUeq8oz1TZ3OqpLkwOr6_hfNCFKki0vSE

Not a huge surprise, Big Jim didn't exactly seem pleased with his driver anytime they interviewed him.

But it does suck for Campbell, hopefully he stays out there in some capacity or another. Cool guy, ran into him at a bar after the race in Charlotte a few years ago and had a nice chat. Funny story about that, the bartender saw his shirt and went "oh, were you at the races today?" Of course he says yes, he's actually a driver. At that point I guess the bartender assumes he's had a little too much to drink and goes "yeah, that's a good one". Her reaction was a little different when Jim went out to his car and brought back a hero card with his picture on it...

I asked him in Texas if he would be back out in 2023 and he said it was up in the air. I’m guessing it’s funding related. Either he didn’t have enough to do it going forward or someone else brought more cash to the table.

That's pretty big news. I'm surprised to hear this. I can't see the Dunn's starting all over yet again with a novice driver at Jim's age. Would presume it is another buy-a-ride, as usual, but this time with an experienced driver. Who might that be??

Jim goes through the drivers. Bring $$$$. Hope he gets a good one
Been fairly common the last few years -"money talks, BS walks". Don't know the dynamics here with Dunn's team and who drives pays , brings sponsors, but, back in the day the owner who went through drivers faster than a machine gun was Roland Leong. Were those rent to drive or Roland did'nt like the results? And he had some good ones throughout the yrears!

That's pretty big news. I'm surprised to hear this. I can't see the Dunn's starting all over yet again with a novice driver at Jim's age. Would presume it is another buy-a-ride, as usual, but this time with an experienced driver. Who might that be??
I have to say this before somebody else does. Mike! Oh noooooo! Ain't gonna happen!

As far as I know, and Jeff could correct me if Im wrong since he drove for Big Jim, but his car has always been a pay to play. Im sure if I walked into his shop with a million dollars in a sack I would be making test hits in January. If they are announcing a driver at PRI this week I imagine that driver found some sponsorship or cut a check to Jim before the end of the this season.

As far as Campbell goes he is a nice guy, yes he has made bad decisions in the past, but since he has driven he has always shown to be a good guy, hopefully he drives again.

wasn't there a recent article somewhere about jim c.? ....... he stated he has thoroughly enjoyed his time there, even when jim yells at him......and i believe
jim was hopeful the partnership would continue? i'm kinda' thinking this was not a mutual decision. unless a money problem developed.

wasn't there a recent article somewhere about jim c.? ....... he stated he has thoroughly enjoyed his time there, even when jim yells at him......and i believe
jim was hopeful the partnership would continue? i'm kinda' thinking this was not a mutual decision. unless a money problem developed.
Pretty sure this is the article you're talking about

And on Campbell's Facebook he says "After many great years of working together Jim Dunn Racing and I have mutually decided to part ways. They will always hold a special place in my life as over the years we have become family". So it doesn't sound like there's much bad blood, at least on his side

Possible that Campbell's cookie jar ran empty?

I wonder what the going rate is to buy a ride with Big Jim for a season? $250,000? $500,000? $1,000,000? More? Recall that before Campbell, John Hale was the driver and Hale had big $$ supposedly from winning the lottery TWICE.

Well isn't that interesting. Alex seems to have some $$ behind him, but if he has enough for the Jim Dunn seat, I wonder why he wasn't seen more often in the Scott Palmer dragster?
Havoline is Laughlin’s main sponsor so that will be on the car in some capacity at all events. I do wonder if Maurice DuPont will be driving for Palmer at all events in 2023. He mentioned something about a two car team with his son in Pomona. If DuPont has full funding for two cars it makes sense he is renting them from Palmer. There is a lack of cars, crews, equipment and open rides right now so Laughlin could have been pushed out of the seat of TF and pivoted to FC to fulfill sponsor obligations.

I started a Gofundme to raise enough money for Cliff Morgan to become possibly the fastest ‘mater , eclipsing Jeff Arend and Kyle Wurtzel

Now , how much $$$$ will it take for Big Jim to tolerate Cliff?

🤔
LOTS and LOTS of $$$ for Big Jim to tolerate me. Not to mention that I'm the guy who tried to do a burn out in the driveway with a Honda Fit and almost took out the mail box...... :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back