Burgess blasts to No. 2 in Madison (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]MADISON, Ill. (May 2, 2009) – Roger Burgess continued his impressive high qualifying streak drove his ProCare Rx/R2B2 Motors ‘67 Camaro to the No. 2 qualifying spot today in the Get Screened America Pro Mod Challenge presented by ProCare Rx at the O'Reilly NHRA Midwest Nationals.

In the first qualifying session, Burgess’ car suffered a throttle cable malfunction and cost him a decent time, but his second-round pass made up for the mechanical problems. He delivered a 5.931/244.96 to take the No. 2 spot and continue his qualifying success for the season; he has one NO. 1 qualifier and one No. 2 prior to this weekend.

“In that first lap, I was completely relaxed and going along for the ride when I hit the button for third gear and absolutely nothing happened – the car just died,” Burgess explained.

“We got the car back, figured out what was wrong, and Al [Billes, crew chief], got the car ready to go for the second round.

“The track was great and the conditions were spectacular,” he said.

“Despite losing our qualifying sessions yesterday because of the rain, NHRA was very flexible to work with us and give us two qualifiers today, and I know all the drivers really appreciated that. We have a great representation of cars here this weekend, and, we’d love to add more cars in the future, but for now, we’re down to the top 16, and hopefully we can turn our good qualifying into round wins,” he said.

Burgess is scheduled to face Rick Stivers in the first round of eliminations, but Stivers’ car was damaged in a spectacular qualifying crash, giving Burgess a bye in round one.

Attachments

• roger-burgess.jpg
    roger-burgess.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 7
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back